You wake up one morning and you find you can somehow have four wishes granted. The first one is some change to the house you live in that you can make instantly. Similarly, with the second wish you can change one thing about the city in which you live. Then, with the third one, you can change one thing about the country where you live and then use a fourth wish to change something about the world. With wishes number two, three and four you cannot just give people money; you have to be more creative than that! Briefly describe what your four wishes would be.
My first wish is that I would want my house to be I 100 floor skyscraper complete with the state of the art technology and around 250 butlers and maids to serve me and my family, garage the size of I dealership and of course a helipad on top. The one thing that I would change in Jakarta probably would be the governor and his staff, and I would replace them with robots that could solve Jakarta’s problem in matter of days rather than years of just making excuses to the public for their failure at doing their job. The thing that I would change about Indonesia is the seasons, I want Indonesia to have spring, summer, fall, and winter and for it to have lower temperature during summer, as it is blazing hot in here. The world is in crisis right now but I wouldnt waste my wish to get covid vaccine because the researchers and scientist are already working on that, what I would wish for is the deletion of the idea of radicalism and erase terrorism to its root, so there would be no more ISIS or Al-Qaeda of the future that would harm many innocent people.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about the Indonesian climate because, although I enjoy warm weather, I am one of those people who believes it is easier to deal with overly cold weather than it is to cope with very hot temperatures.
Adrian’s very wise question: What line of work would you be in that would fund the employment of 250 butlers and maids to serve you and your family once you’d used your first wish to bring them into existence?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “The world is in crisis right now but I wouldnt waste my wish to get covid vaccine because the researchers and scientist are already working on that, what I would wish for is the deletion of the idea of radicalism and erase terrorism to its root.”” Mine: “The world is in crisis right now but I wouldn’t waste my fourth wish on getting a Covid-19 vaccine because the researchers and scientists are already working on that, So, what I would wish for is the eradication of the idea of radicalism and terrorism at their roots.”
If this thing is really happening, I will be a grateful person on earth to gain four wishes that will be become reality. The first wish that I'm gonna ask is I want a theater to be at my house because in this pandemic time it's been a while since I'm going to the theater to watch some movies so I think it would be better to have my own theater. About the second wish, I really wondered if traffic jams can be banished from my cities, Bekasi. Since Bekasi has the worst traffic jams in Indonesia and waiting in the traffic for a long time in Bekasi is really exhausting since Bekasi also has hot weather throughout the day that will keep you dehydrated for quite a long time. Something that I always wanted to wish for this country is for the corruption cases vanished from my beloved country and if the corruption cases have vanished from Indonesia then our representative in the parliament would be serious to fix some problem in our society. Then the last one, what would I wish for this earth, is all of the countries who live on earth would be befriended each other and if that happens, war, sadness, and grief will never occur again.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about Bekasi because, in a cheeky and slightly greedy way, you actually wished for two different things.
Adrian’s very wise question: I wonder what your first three policies would be to make the world free of war, sadness, and grief.
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “If this thing is really happening, I will be a grateful person on earth to gain four wishes that will be become reality. The first wish that I'm gonna ask is I want a theater to be at my house because in this pandemic time it's been a while since I'm going to the theater to watch some movies so I think it would be better to have my own theater.” Mine: “If this thing were really happening, I would be one of the most grateful persons on earth to gain four wishes that would be become reality. The first wish that I would make is I’d want a theater in my house because during this pandemic time and so it's been a while since I have been to one to watch some movies. So, I think it would be better to have my own one in my house.”
My first wish in regards to changing my house would to definitely up the internet quality of my house so it doesn't run indihome anymore this internet provider has only been dissappointment for me not only that it would turn off in the most inconvenient times but when it does run the speed doesn't satisfy my families needs. And for my second wish i would change the commute for my city something like Singapore's MRT or the one in Jakarta would be a great change in the quality of life here. Having one would make it so people who want's to go to work or go to school have an easier time. Moreover it would definitely help a lot of people save money in regards to the need of refilling gas for cars or motorbikes. My last wish is definitely to end COVID-19 this pandemic has probably ruined lives or plans of people from all around the world and has caused more harm than good for the everyone. Things like Indonesias economic dowwnfall and people dying around the world could've been prevented if COVID-19 didn't exist. Moreso most people can also agree that moving to Online learning as a replacement for normal classes can be unproductive for certain people like me who have a short attention span and like to sidetrack.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about modelling the transport system in your city on Singapore's MRT.
Adrian’s very wise question: You say that “COVID-19 … has caused more harm than good for the everyone.” As a matter of interest, what “good” do you think it may have caused?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Having (an MRT) would make it so people who want's to go to work or go to school have an easier time. Moreover it would definitely help a lot of people save money in regards to the need of refilling gas for cars or motorbikes.” Mine: “Having (an MRT) would make it so people who wanted to go to work or school would have an easier time. Moreover, it would definitely help a lot of people save money in terms of filling up on gas for cars or motorbikes.”
First of all, I self-proclaimed myself as a grateful person, I am very happy with my current life and not demanding anything. Hope you all get the ironic tone here. But who does not have a wish, right? So, for the first one, I wish my current house will just perish and change on the whole to a cottage core aesthetic cabin house. Not to mention that I want everyone to perish too so that I can just live all by myself. I know it will be weird knowing I live in a city, but I can't help myself from wanting to have farm animals. Horses are preferred and it is a must for me to have a barn. Next, for the second wish, I want my city to have more cafes. I went to all of the cafes here at least once, hence I demanding more because it is getting boring. More cafes but less in houses or apartment complexes. And also, I want more parks here and maybe some drive-in cinemas. For the country, I want everyone including me to have the highest level of intelligence that exists in this world so that we can be the most progressive nation. Lastly for this world, all I want to do is just to remove any form of greediness that hides inside of ourselves and resulting in world peace. Seems impossible but just LET ME WISH.
Most interesting wish: I like how you place the making of these four wishes in the context of your gratitude in life.
Adrian’s very wise question: Are you going to take care of the farm animals or would you hire labour with skills in handling livestock?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “So, for the first one, I wish my current house will just perish and change on the whole to a cottage core aesthetic cabin house. Not to mention that I want everyone to perish too so that I can just live all by myself.” Mine: “So, for the first wish, I would like my current house to just disappear and replace it with one that has the aesthetics of a cottage or cabin house. Not to mention that I want everyone to disappear too so that I can just live all by myself.”
Here are the things I have always wanted to change if I had four wishes granted. Firstly, about my house, I want to have a really nice rooftop with a perfect angle where the sun shines beautifully in a cozy sofa, so that I have my own sunset spot to enjoy a nice evening. About the city where I live, which is Cirebon, I actually don’t have any specific wish. This city and its culture are already perfect. But if there is one thing I want to change, it would be the heat. I don’t know if it is just me or does the sun always decide go wild every 12pm up until dawn. It is still better than Surabaya though, but still, I wish it was not as burning as how it is right now. Now, for my third wish, I wish that this country could be more open-minded. Imagine how peaceful it is to have people stop caring so much about what other people are doing and start minding their own businesses. As long as people don’t harm any rights or discriminate others, I think there are absolutely no reasons for us to get our hands in other people’s decision on literally anything. Being open-minded doesn’t necessarily mean that we have to change the whole value of what the society believe at the first place, but it is simply to accept differences whether it suits our beliefs or not. Lastly about the world, I wish there were no racism happening to any race. I do believe everyone should be treated fairly, but I dedicate this wish specifically to the minorities who have always been discriminated by the superior majority. Again, I think all four of my wishes are realistic and it doesn’t take any genie to grant them. We can just simply be a better version of ourselves and start the change from the small things, such as saving some money to decorate my boarding house or start accepting differences and tolerate each other.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about not impinging on the rights of others or discriminating against them.
Adrian’s very wise question: Is it hot at night in Cirebon?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “But if there is one thing I want to change, it would be the heat. I don’t know if it is just me or does the sun always decide go wild every 12pm up until dawn. It is still better than Surabaya though, but still, I wish it was not as burning as how it is right now.” Mine: “But, if there were one thing I wanted to change, it would be the heat. I don’t know if it is just me; does the sun always decide go wild every 12pm up until dawn? It is still better than Surabaya though. However, I still wish it was not as burning how as it is right now.”
With my first of four wishes, I wish to remodel my house and turn it into one with a more modern architectural stye. I love open-space houses focused on using materials like wood and stone, with simple cement floors and a very neutral color scheme. Aside from that, I’d also love to have solar panels installed on the roof of my house because that would be the more environmentally-conscious choice. With my second wish, I’d really like for Jakarta to become a more physically-appealing city. Sure, areas like Sudirman and Senayan are totally sights for sore eyes, but the rest of Jakarta? Not so much. My wish would be for an excellent city planner to just entirely change everything and beautify all the buildings, houses, parks, parking spaces, restaurant areas, malls, and pretty much every other component that makes up a city. In regards to my third wish, I wish for Indonesians to become more open-minded. Despite being a somewhat-modern country, so many Indonesians are narrow-minded and totally judgmental about very simple things like sex education, women’s rights, accepting everyone no matter the differences, religion, and freedom of expression. It would be so lovely for Indonesians to just stop putting a very constricting, limiting label on anything and everything, and to just allow people to be who they are without fear of judgment or bullying. Finally, for the world, I wish that climate change and global warming no longer exist, and that the world’s environmental state will return to its former glory, way before the Industrial Revolution. I read somewhere that it’ll only take 11 or 12 years for climate change to reach a certain level of extremity, one without a turning point. This fact is so terrifying to me and I feel that countless people underestimate or disregard it as easily as they forget about very trivial, unimportant things. Fortune 500 CEOs and directors – I'm looking at you.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about Indonesians becoming more open-minded. I also like what you said to Fortune 500 CEOs at the end, although I suspect that they are not reasing this blog!
Adrian’s very wise question: You say, “Many Indonesians are narrow-minded and totally judgmental about very simple things like sex education, women’s rights, accepting everyone no matter the differences, religion, and freedom of expression.” Do you plan to respect the right to freedom of expression of those who disagree with you strongly on matters like sex education, women’s rights, and religion? (It’s just a rhetorical question; there is no need to answer it.)
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “I read somewhere that it’ll only take 11 or 12 years for climate change to reach a certain level of extremity, one without a turning point. This fact is so terrifying to me and I feel that countless people underestimate or disregard it as easily as they forget about very trivial, unimportant things.” Mine: “I read somewhere that it’ll only take 11 or 12 years for climate change to reach a certain level of extremity that is past the point of no return. This fact is so terrifying to me, and I feel that too many people underestimate or disregard it as easily as they forget about very trivial, unimportant things.”
My first wish would be to decorate the house with as much marble as possible. I like marble, and I find it a very attractive feature in everything – walls, tiles, tables. To make things even better, I also want to grow some indoor houseplants in the living room, such as peace lilies. Secondly, I wish that the city where I live would have more greens. I want there to be spacious parks, beautiful flower gardens, and big palm trees along the main roads just like in California. For my third wish, I want Indonesia to be less polluted, because the quality of air in the country has been very concerning for the past few months. I want to see the sky clear blue again. I want to be able to walk around the neighborhood without suffocating from the polluted air. Lastly, I want the world to have better tolerance for people of all ages, races, and sexes. Intolerance and discrimination are serious issues that we need to fight. People should be able to walk down the main streets of the city without getting racist comments thrown at them. Everyone should be able to feel safe, wherever they are at.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about more green space in your city.
Adrian’s very wise question: Do you realize that you used yout first wish to wish for two different things?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Lastly, I want the world to have better tolerance for people of all ages, races, and sexes. Intolerance and discrimination are serious issues that we need to fight.” Mine: “Lastly, I want the people of the world to have better tolerance for those of all ages, races, and sexes. Intolerance and discrimination are serious provlems that we need to fight against.”
If one morning I could have four wishes granted it would be a very wonderful thing to be done according to my liking. First of all with the first wish ( have some change to the house you live in that you can make instantly ) some changes needed to be done to my house, that first change is to enlarge my house size to problably 1500 meters in area size, secondly the next change is adding a swimming pool and a basketball court to my house so I could do exercises, the third thing is aquariums, I want to build aquarium in the living room and inside my room, and the last thing is enlarging all the rooms inside my house by requesting all of those changes it would be very helpful to me and my family. Regarding the second wish(change one thing about the city in which you live ) I would wish to change the city layouts so it would be more pedestrians friendly. Jakarta as a city is not a very pedestrian friendly ? Many areas cant or hardly accessible for pedestrians, where even motorcycles oftenly go through sidewalk and can endangered pedestrians. For the third wish ( change one thing about the country where you live ), if I could change something about my country I would problably wish that education is more accessible to every one and have the same standard of education anywhere in the country. Indonesia's education system is actually quite high but the equalization is still very far a way to be reached, many island or hard to reach places for example Miangas Island which is the northest country in Indonesia lacks educational staff there and because of that their living condition would not be change in the mere future. The fourth, the last, and surely not least wish (hange something about the world ) if I could change something to this world, I would exactly wish for people to be more educated per se about the environment. If people from the begining of industrial revolutian era would be more concern about our earth, about the environmental damage that their factories would have done all I could say is " Sayonara Global Worming " we as the generation that lives in the 21st century would not be battling global warming and many species of extinct animal would still be around and not only be seen in google images. Certaintly I am hoping that my 4 wishes could come ture but fortunately it cant and by all means the only way that those wishes to be granted are by our will to change.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about global warming.
Adrian’s very wise question: When you say you want “to enlarge my house size to problably 1500 meters”, do you mean 1,500m x 1,500m, or 1,500m all the way round the boundary, or 1,500 metres squared (a measure of area)?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Certaintly I am hoping that my 4 wishes could come ture but fortunately it cant and by all means the only way that those wishes to be granted are by our will to change.” Mine: “Certaintly, I am hoping that my four wishes will come true but, fortunately, they can’t and, by all means, the only way that those wishes can be granted is through our will to change.”
The first change to the house that I would make is to have an underground bunker. This may be the result of watching too much Doomsday Prepper when I was a kid, but with the coming of Covid-19, I’m starting to believe that a lot of things I thought would have been impossible can be possible. If one virus could catastrophically change the world and completely alter how we spend our days, there’s no telling that a zombie pandemic might happen. And if so, me and my family will surely be safe and dandy in our underground bunker (and yes, it will be completely packed with a lifetime of canned and dry food, weapons, our own rooms, ventilation, Internet or other means of connection to the outside, and most important of all, air conditioning).
For my next wish, I only wish for my city to facilitate public housing. My city, Tangerang Selatan, is actually quite suburban. My area is more on the privileged side, with an array of restaurants, malls, hospitals, hotels, schools, and the only Ikea in Indonesia. Behind it all however, Tangerang has an unfortunate economic gap swept under the rug, obvious when you drive just a little off the coast of those very malls you see everyday. Cement walls with wired fences are made to separate off the poorer areas, and only the middle-upper class can afford to enjoy these many facilities my city has been harboring. If only there had been decent public housing that the people here don’t need to worry about paying for too much or even to have that rent subsidized, then I’m sure the city would be better off with higher productivity with more access to the aforementioned facilities.
My third wish is for the government. Or, rather, against them. My wish is for there to be a magical machine looking out for each and every mistake the government has made and to publicize it. Of course, a mistake can sometimes be perceived differently to other people, so it should adhere to just a few criterias the government has been so prominently abusing. 1) They should not act purely out of their own self interests. 2) They should not act out of money or profit. I suppose these two rules can cover a wide variety of mistakes they’ve been making so far and some may perceive this as too much but honestly I think it’s just, considering the amount of corruptions happening in this country.
My fourth and last wish is for the world to be completely rid of money. Every bit of it, and every shape and form of it. Barters and trades are fine, but not money. Somehow almost everything, if not all, bad and horrible in the world have connections to money, and how liberating it would be if we were to be rid of it. Radical? Maybe. But when you go about your day thinking you should slave through school or work just so you won’t end up dead in the streets, it may not be such a radical thought after all.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about underground bunker because it is a unique wish among all the the IUP students! Actually, I like the one about getting rid of money for the same reason.
Adrian’s very wise question: When you think about the terrible things that could happen that would send you down into your underground bunker, how long do you envisage having to stay there?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Of course, a mistake can sometimes be perceived differently to other people, so it should adhere to just a few criterias the government has been so prominently abusing. 1) They should not act purely out of their own self interests. 2) They should not act out of money or profit.” Mine: “Of course, a mistake can sometimes be perceived differently by other people, so it should adhere to a few criteria which the government has been so prominently abusing. 1) They should not act purely out of their own self-interest. 2) They should not act out of a desire for money or profit.”
This is something that eight years old Gerald would wish to happen. For the first wish, I am so satisfied with my house right now because I just move here in January. But I would love to add a gym and a basketball court at my house. Since it is a wish, I can make it as unrealistic as possible. I love the second wish because there are lots of things that I would love to change in Jakarta. Therefore, I would pick the most crucial one that reducing garbage in Jakarta, even the ones that are on human forms. I think the third wish is pretty crucial so that we can ease up our lives. I would ask for a super-fast train, faster than trains in Japan or China, that is connected to every region of the country. This is so unrealistic but I would love to go Papua for about 30 minutes, so I could go there in the morning and just go home easily at night. Maybe if this is possible in the future, a teleporting machine would be lovely. Imagine if you could go somewhere random just in a blink of an eye. Finally, for the fourth wish, I would love to represent the world to get rid of all diseases, especially the COVID-19. This virus has been so unbeneficial for all of us and I don’t want to suffer these kinds of pandemic forever.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about building a fast train network.
Adrian’s very wise question: “Imagine if you could go somewhere random just in a blink of an eye.” Don’t you think patience is a virtue?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “This is something that eight years old Gerald would wish to happen. For the first wish, I am so satisfied with my house right now because I just move here in January.” Mine: “This is something that the eight-year-old Gerald would have wished to happen. For the first wish, I am very satisfied with my house right now because I just moved here in January.”
My first wish would definitely be for my house to have a free or unlimited access to Wi-Fi. Considering the current online class and work from home situation that my family is going through, it costs us a quite amount of money per month for a moderate internet connection and there is no way we could afford it for the whole year. An unlimited internet would be amazing, especially during this pandemic period. Next, I would use my second wish for a recycling plant or some kind of a waste management system in my city because the amount of garbage, that could have been recycled, is plentiful. From food cans to used papers, they all end up on a landfill instead.
For my third wish, I would ask for an equal distribution of education system. I personally feel like this issue does not get the attention it deserves. There is no way for this to be resolved overnight, but would love to see those from the eastern side of Indonesia to have the same access to education as their western cousins. Lastly, my wish for the world would be for people to be more aware of their surroundings, not just the environment but also the on-going social issues, such as racial discrimination, false arrest, and the increasing number of rape victims. Us humans need to realize that these are happening all over the globe. I feel like people are too caught up with themselves that they forgot to see the world from a global perspective.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about the awareness of the world’s people although I think those who have power have more to answer for, perhaps, than the powerless people.
Adrian’s very wise question: Seeing as you think unlimited internet would be amazing, do you imagine yourself spending hours and hours every day on the FEB campus taking advantage of the free wi-fi?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “For my third wish, I would ask for an equal distribution of education system. I personally feel like this issue does not get the attention it deserves. There is no way for this to be resolved overnight, but would love to see those from the eastern side of Indonesia to have the same access to education as their western cousins.” Mine: “For my third wish, I would ask for a more equitable distribution of public education services. I personally feel like this issue does not get the attention it deserves. There is no way for this to be resolved overnight, but I would love to see those from the eastern part of Indonesia to have the same access to education as their compatriots in the western part.”
Having to wake up and finding out I have an opportunities to have four wishes, it is a dream. For the first wish, to be honest I do not know what to change in my house particularly but maybe for an additional member of the family I really want to have a fish tank filled with an Orca, just one. So my catfish would not be as lonely as he is right now, because it is kind of sad looking at him all lonely in that dark fish tank of mine. The second one, for my beloved city, I really wish we will have a subway or an oyster, I think that what they called in the UK, correct me I'm wrong. Also, because I really miss running around to get into the train or miss my stop. For the third wish, I do not really want to sound like a hypocrite, but to be honest at this second I do not have anything in mind of something that I want to change for my country. Last but not least, I wish the world can forgive us for everything that we had done to it, because I feel like we treat our world so poorly but at least now we are trying to make up for it, so I hope you forgive us world.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about the “oyster”. Yes. That is what they are called.
“The Oyster card is a payment method for public transport in London (and certain areas around it) in the United Kingdom. A standard Oyster card is a blue credit-card-sized stored-value contact-less smart-card. It is promoted by Transport for London and can be used on travel modes across London including London Underground, London Buses, the Docklands Light Railway (DLR), London Overground, Tramlink, some river boat services, and most National Rail services within the London fare zones. Since its introduction in June 2003, more than 86 million cards have been used.
Adrian’s very wise question: How does your catfish tell you about his feelings? Is it by the look on his face? Is your companionship not enough to help him overcome his loneliness?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “For the third wish, I do not really want to sound like a hypocrite, but to be honest at this second I do not have anything in mind of something that I want to change for my country.” Mine: “For the third wish, I do not really want to sound like a hypocrite, but to be honest at this second, I do not have anything in mind of that I want to change about my country.”
The first wish is for changes that can be made to my home. Since I do not have anything specific that I wish to change about my home, my wish will focus on my family members who are living with me. I hope that all of us can find peace in our hearts and be contented with everything we have in this world. May the ups and downs never break us apart and may God always bless us. I wish that I can continue to see my family smile together.
The second wish is for my city. This is rather tough since I am new to the area. However, I pray that we continue to progress and help to make our country better for everyone, in every city in the country. Thirdly, for my country. I wish that all of us continue to educate ourselves. Education takes us far, be it academics or non-academically. I hope that we can harmonize better, end any mistreatment towards any group. We need to care for one another. We know how tough life can be. Hence, I hope we can be kind to one another. Let us never pull anyone down.
Lastly, my wish is for the world. I wish that all of us can learn how to appreciate each other better- people, animals, or the environment. I wish that everyone never has a day where they do not feel loved. I wish that all of us get equal opportunities in life and that there are no discriminations towards anyone that is “different.
I wish that all our wishes and prayers are granted.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about your family: very heartwarming.
Adrian’s very wise question: What exactly does “equal opportunities” mean to your way of thinking? There are so many inequalities among humans, including our personal attributes and differing access to wealth and power, so how could “opportunities” realistically be equalized?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Thirdly, for my country. I wish that all of us continue to educate ourselves. Education takes us far, be it academics or non-academically. I hope that we can harmonize better, end any mistreatment towards any group.” Mine: “Thirdly, something for my country. I wish that all of us would continue to educate ourselves. Education takes us far, be it academically or non-academically. I hope that we can harmonize better and end any mistreatment towards any group.”
For my first wish, a change to my house, I would like to install a solar panel to reduce bills from PLN (State Electricity Company) and to also practice using a sustainable alternative, since I do realize that I use a lot of electricity. Solar panels are pretty expensive, so now it’s still a wish of mine. For the second wish, which is changing one thing about the city that I live in, I would like Jakarta to have a better public transportation system. The reason why I barely use any public transportation is; it’s highly inefficient, it rarely comes on time, and it's very crowded. So, my wish would be adding more busses and its routes to cover the entirety of Jakarta and with that, hopefully, more people would use it. Next, for my third wish, changing one thing about Indonesia, it would be to abolish corruption. If you think about it, a lot of Indonesia’s problems are related to corruption in the government. Bribing is also very common, so everyone is very lax since they know they’ll be able to get away with their crime. Yes, people do get prosecuted for corruption, but nonetheless, it is still widely prevalent. Finally, for my last wish, I would like for every country to have an equal media representation, since nowadays it’s only big if it’s the US. For example, the 2020 Presidential Debate. I don’t mean that we shouldn’t care about the US, I just want other countries that maybe are in a crisis or is in need of help, to get some coverage from the media, so people would care and they might donate, thus also helping that particular country to recover.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about corruption.
Adrian’s very wise question: Do you think, in Indonesian “gengsi” culture, it is realistic to think middle class people – who have been successful enough to be able to afford and buy expensive cars – to start taking public transport around the city in the same way as poor people do?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Bribing is also very common, so everyone is very lax since they know they’ll be able to get away with their crime. Yes, people do get prosecuted for corruption, but nonetheless, it is still widely prevalent.” Mine: “Bribery is also very common, so everyone is very lax since they know they’ll be able to get away with their crime. Yes, people do get prosecuted for corruption but, nonetheless, it is still widespread and prevalent.”
The first thing I want to change about my house is to have a more organized and cleaner version of it. My family has a trouble with managing all of our unused things. Our attic is currently full of household items that are either broken, dirty or we just don’t know what we’ll do with them. The second thing about my city that I want to change is that I want Jakarta to be filled with more organized citizens with strong mentalities. I think that Japan has many unique cities and one of the factors of that is because of the mentality of their citizens in there. I’ve seen this once viral picture of a pavement in the middle of the busy town plaza in the city of Naka that went down because of a land slide which created a massive hole and they actually managed to repair that hole within 2 days. If we imply this kind of mentality to Jakarta, I’m sure this city will make a better capital than it already was.
The third thing that I want to change about my country is to have more open-minded people in Indonesia. People in Indonesia hasn’t really been kind or open to changes like new trends or new regulations that are actually crucial in nowadays. The main cause of this is because most Indonesians still hold on to past traditions that are not completely suitable for many aspects nowadays. And last but not least, the thing that I want to change about the world is to have a new vaccine for COVID-19. COVID-19 has really affected many aspects of the world. And these affects get worse each day. Everyday, huge amounts of people die because of COVID-19, the world economics are shifting an uncharacteristic way, if I may say and education system isn’t working effectively. I just hope that this pandemic can be over so that things can go back to normal.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about your country. How do you bring about that kind of change, though? (Besides having a magic wish!)
Adrian’s very wise question: You said you think that Japan has many unique cities. If I were to say, on the contrary, the city centres of dozens and dozens of Japanese cities sometimes seem like they are all the same… similar train stations, similar architecture, same shops, same restaurants, same buses and taxis, same supermarkets, selling the same things, and the same white castle on the hillside with the same lantern festival and the same lovely cherry blossom trees in the spring – indeed, I’d say there is a remarkable degree of uniformity… what would you say to rebut my assertion and, instead, argue that those cities are unique?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “The second thing about my city that I want to change is that I want Jakarta to be filled with more organized citizens with strong mentalities. I think that Japan has many unique cities and one of the factors of that is because of the mentality of their citizens in there.” Mine: “The second thing I want to change is about my city; I want Jakarta to be populated with more organized citizens with strong mentalities. I think that Japan has many unique cities and one of the factors behind that is the mentality of their citizens.”
For my first wish, I wish to have ten million wishes, just kidding... If I had four wishes, I would wish for my house to be more than just a structure but a place that I can call home. To fulfill that wish, I expect my house to have a harmonized family that is able to tolerate and to compromise each other’s characters, personalities. This house would also need to be in a city that is able to accommodate the conditions of each home and family. The city would be civilized in terms of being tolerant and embracing the diversity between ethnic groups and social classes. Also having enough green space in order to maintain the stability between the urban society and mother nature. If multiple cities in a country would fulfill these standards, it would create an ideal country which is also my third wish. With that in mind, I wish a country would have a transparent constitution, serving to protect and serve the public civilians equally and rightfully. Lastly my wish for mankind on the face of this world is that each and every one of us would treat one another as humans, with compassion and to save the earth from its impending doom.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about your home and I also wish that that can happen for you at some point in the future.
Adrian’s very wise question: What is opaque (or translucent) about your country’s constitution? Perhaps you are talking about the actions of those claiming to be acting in compliance with it?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “The city would be civilized in terms of being tolerant and embracing the diversity between ethnic groups and social classes. Also having enough green space in order to maintain the stability between the urban society and mother nature. If multiple cities in a country would fulfill these standards, it would create an ideal country which is also my third wish.” Mine: “The city would be civilized in terms of being tolerant and embracing the diversity of ethnic groups and social classes. It would also have enough green space to maintain the balance between the urban society and mother nature. If multiple cities in a country would fulfill these standards, it would create an ideal country which is also my third wish.”
So I woke up this morning and been granted 4 wishes that actually I would never ask for in real life. But anyway, the first wish is to make some changes to the house I lived in. I do love this house I lived in, but if I’m obliged to make changes I think I would add vending machines with unlimited resource and of course free of charge in every room in my house The second wish is to make changes to the city I lived in. this is actually quite easy. First thing that came to my mind spontaneously is to ask for rain of snow here. As we know, Indonesia is very warm, but Surabaya is on a different level, it is sizzling hot here and I’m trying to be nice by saying it that way! The third wish is to make changes to the country that I lived in. I would love to create a condition where the rich people become poor and vice versa. I don’t know why I would do that, maybe just to shake things up and see whether all of us could survive in a totally different situation financially. The last and certainly not least is the fourth wish, and that is to make any changes to this world we live in. Okay, I just want to be noble with this wish. I would like to restore the ozone thingy in our atmosphere and restore the ice in the poles so that we could live a little longer. Well, despite the ever present threat of hunger, war, terrorism, etc.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about creating a condition where the rich people become poor and vice versa; however, I think the entire political system is designed to make this impossible!
Adrian’s very wise question: If we cannot actually restore the ozone thingy and the ice at the poles, what then?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “The first wish is to make some changes to the house I lived in. I do love this house I lived in, but if I’m obliged to make changes I think I would add vending machines with unlimited resource and of course free of charge in every room in my house.” Mine: “The first wish is to make a change to the house where I live – which I love living in – but, if I’m obliged to make a change, I think I would add vending machines with unlimited stock and, of course, free of charge in every room.”
I am in love with the ambiance of places like library and coffee shops. Thus, I wanted to add a vast room in my house where I can put all of my books there and at the same place all kinds of coffee and drinks are provided there. It would be so exciting to have such a place like that inside my house. Other important features are the furniture and the view. I wanted to choose wood and forest as the main theme of the room. For the view, a garden full of flowers would be great!
For the second wish, it would be so great if I could upgrade the public transportation system and create a pedestrian friendly side walks in Yogyakarta. Talking about public transportation, here in my town, we have lack of options to stroll around the city with public transportations. Public transportation provided by the government is actully only Trans Jogja (bus). Furthermore, it is not providing the best service for people to feel comfortable while using it. Some places in Yogyakarta is quite comfortable for pedestrians, for example in Kota Baru or Malioboro. But, in most other places, thing doesn’t go the same way.
Indonesia, a country where I live in, has abudant resources. Just one thing that I wanted to change from this country, it is how the way Indonesians think forward and be progressive. From what I think, Indonesia could be so much better when the people wanted to make a change. One of the things that hold us back is corrupt culture. I wish we could get rid of that and build a better Indonesia.
One thing I really wish I could change in this world is racism. We should stop to treat other races differently and we should start to respect every human being alive. The world would be so beautiful and comfortable without racism.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about books and coffee and furniture and flowers. Oh yes, and a forest too.
Adrian’s very wise question: Why would you hold on to enough books to fill a “vast” library?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Some places in Yogyakarta is quite comfortable for pedestrians, for example in Kota Baru or Malioboro. But, in most other places, thing doesn’t go the same way.” Mine: “Some places in Yogyakarta are quite comfortable for pedestrians: for example, Kota Baru or Malioboro. But, in most other places, things aren’t the same.”
For the first wish, I actually quite like my house, especially the strategic location of it, but if I could change anything about it, I want to have a huge backyard so my mom could plant all of her favorite plants. There’s actually this empty house right behind mine, so it would be awesome if I could just magically expand my house over there and create a beautiful garden where my mom could do her little gardening and my cat could have more space to run around.
For the second wish, the city where I live is quite boring. But, there’s one thing in particular that really annoys me; all the statues over here don’t look aesthetically pleasing at all. If you look up ‘gajah mungkur Gresik’ on Google, you will see a pathetic attempt at what’s supposed to be an elephant statue. The statue’s not only ugly, but also a clear evidence of corruption in the government. So, if I could magically change something about the city where I live, it’d be to erase all sorts of corruption which then results to the money actually allocated to make artistic statues that are more pleasing to look at.
As for the third wish, there are so many things I want to change about this country, but my main concern right now is how poorly we manage our waste. This country’s waste problem is terrible as it is, but the government makes it worse by allowing other countries to import waste to our land. That being said, I don’t think I’ve contributed enough to reduce the amount of waste in Indonesia. It’s a very complicated situation that can’t be solved easily, so it’d be amazing if there’s any kind of magic that could make all the trash disappear from this country.
This generation is faced with a lot of environmental problems and as a Gen Z myself, I’m scared about this planet’s future. I wish I could really change the climate change that might happen in the future. It’s already happening now and it needs some kind of magical power to not make it worse in the future.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about getting rid of statues and I also like how this would be symbolic of fighting corruption.
Adrian’s very wise question: Why do people like growing flowers rather than vegetables? Both activites are ‘gardening’ but surely growing food is more useful than the fleeting beauty of flowers?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “I don’t think I’ve contributed enough to reduce the amount of waste in Indonesia. It’s a very complicated situation that can’t be solved easily, so it’d be amazing if there’s any kind of magic that could make all the trash disappear from this country.” Mine: “I don’t think I’ve contributed enough to reducing the amount of waste in Indonesia. It’s a very complicated situation that couldn’t be solved easily, so it’d be amazing if there were any kind of magic that could make all the trash disappear from this country.”
If there were some change that I could make to my current house, I would want to add a few luxuries to it. I would add another floor just to build an infinity pool that looks over the whole cluster. The infinity pool would be a great place to relax and spend some time with friends and family. Besides that, I would also change the furniture and interior to fit into an elegant monochrome theme.
For my second wish, I am going to add a few new parks that looks like mini forests. This means that there are going to be a lot of tall trees planted all across the park. Although BSD City is a good place to live in, I feel like the area gets too hot and dry. I hope that with the park, the weather will become more enjoyable and there will be fresher air to breathe. Besides that, the community can also use the park for their events or to simply enjoy their time.
My third wish would be to fix the education system and also the national curriculum. I did not mean to discredit the people who made the current curriculum but I believe that it could be better. For instance, I would put some lessons regarding soft skills, sex education, critical thinking and amongst others so that the students are not only academically inclined, but they will be good citizens for this country.
Lastly, I would wish upon love to everyone in this world. There’s a song that says what the world needs now is love and I can’t agree even more. I know that there are tons of people out there who feels hopeless and they feel like no one loves them. Some people do things thehy don’t even like just for the sake of doing something. But, with love, everything is going to be different. I believe that with love, this world would be a better place to live in.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about changing the the national curriculum.
Adrian’s very wise question: If you controlled the world, what would you do, specifically – I mean, like what policies would you enact – in order to spread love?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Although BSD City is a good place to live in, I feel like the area gets too hot and dry. I hope that with the park, the weather will become more enjoyable and there will be fresher air to breathe. Besides that, the community can also use the park for their events or to simply enjoy their time.” Mine: “Although BSD City is a good place to live, I feel like the area gets too hot and dry. I hope that, with the park, the weather would become more enjoyable and there would be fresher air to breathe. Besides that, the community could also use the park for their events or to simply enjoy their time.”
For the first wish, I would like my house to turn into a smart house; equipped with Artificial Intelligence, automated features, and having robots to work for me. Some of the features include automatic doors, power switches, and air conditioners. The AI would help me sort out my tasks of the day, and remind me of my agenda every now and then. Aside from that, I would have robots to help me with house chores, breakfast preparation as well as lunch and dinner cooking. I would also love to have a complete renovation of the house’s interior and exterior design; making it highly futuristic in a contemporary fashion. As for the second wish, I would like to turn Bekasi, which is a city I live in, into a city of grassland with wild animals running around. I wish that the city could stop being a metropolitan city, instead, I want it to be an entirely rural but beautiful place where everybody connects with each other. This city should also have a wonderful scenery that is exactly like what they have in Switzerland. For the third wish, I want my country’s government to stop being corrupt and to allocate their budgets for the correct social programmes and policies. They need to ensure that they are on-target and effective in terms of the implementation and execution. For the last wish, I wish that the world could be a safe space for everyone. As boring and conventional as it sounds, I really wish that everyone, regardless of their genders, races, religions, beliefs and sexualities, could be protected at all costs and that they would feel the right to be a part of this world without having to worry about whether anyone is going to harass or harm them in any way.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about your dream for Bekasi but, whichever way I look at it, you are talking about simply bulldozering all the buildings, right? You want to wipe the urban area off the face of the map and then release wild animals into this brand new countryside.
Adrian’s very wise question: Why would you have robots – and not humans – do your work for you?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “As for the second wish, I would like to turn Bekasi, which is a city I live in, into a city of grassland with wild animals running around. I wish that the city could stop being a metropolitan city, instead, I want it to be an entirely rural but beautiful place where everybody connects with each other.” Mine: “As for the second wish, I would like to turn Bekasi, the city in which I live, into grassland with wild animals running around. I wish that the city was no longer a metropolitan area; instead, I would want it to be an entirely rural but beautiful place where everybody connects with each other.”
If I have the chance to change something in my house, I will probably build a pool and an outdoor kitchen. The top amenities of the ideal outdoor kitchen would include a built-in gas grill, a sink and stainless food prep area, a small fridge for food and drink storage, and plenty of lavish stone patio seating areas for entertaining. I could also throw a party or have a family gathering in the outdoor area.
Meanwhile, if I couldchange one thing about the city in which I live in , I will probably wish that there will be less traffic in Jakarta. Whenever I want to go somewhere around Jakarta with my friends or family, I always encounter traffic. It normally takes about an hour just to go to some malls in South Jakarta.
On the other hand, If I could change something about Indonesia, I will probably wish that there will be less poverty and a better education for Indonesian citizens. Indonesian's poverty. Out of a population of 270.2 million, about 26.42 million Indonesians still live below the poverty line. I really wish that the government could do something about this such as by giving more unemployment benefits and provide work for people that live below the poverty line. Aside from that, the government could also increase their spending on education in Indonesia so that Indonesian people will be more educated.
Lastly, if I could change something about the world, I really hope that people can appreciate and respect each other so that there will only be love in this world. I also wish that everyone can have equal opportunities in this world whether they are poor or rich, black or white and regardless of their gender.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about your ideal, outdoor kitchen – with all the details about what equipment you would need; I wonder if you will make this dream into a reality when you eventually have a house all of your own?
Adrian’s very wise questions: How is poverty defined in order that the figure 26.42 million people can be arrived at? Can we compare poverty statistics of different countries?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “I really wish that the government could do something about this such as by giving more unemployment benefits and provide work for people that live below the poverty line. Aside from that, the government could also increase their spending on education in Indonesia so that Indonesian people will be more educated.” Mine: “I really wish that the government would do something about (poverty) such as by giving more unemployment benefits and providing work for people that live below the poverty line. Aside from that, the government could also increase their spending on education in Indonesia so that Indonesian people would be more educated.”
So, I had a dream last night about making a contract with the fairy. It was a very fantastic dream about the changes that happened in my life. To stop you from wondering about what happened with my wishes let me just tell you the story of my dream. So, in my dream, I woke up in the morning and there was a fairy spinning around in my room. The fairy came to me and starting to explaining the rule of granting some wishes, the fairy said that she will grant me four wishes, of which the four wishes had to be only for the changes in my house, changes in my city, changes in the country, and the changes in the world. So without any second thought, I started to say my wishes to the fairy. For the changes in my house, I asked the fairy to change the model of the house to some “big lodge” type of house. For the next wish which was the changes in the city, I wanted Depok to be the capital of Indonesia for no particular reason. The third, for the changes in the country, I asked the fairy to move Indonesia’s location to the upper middle of the pacific ocean between Russia and North America. You might be wondering why would I ask the fairy to relocate Indonesia? Of course, it’s because I wanted Indonesia to have four-season and so I could enjoy the benefit of having a lodge type of house. And for the last wish about the changes in this world. For this wish, I asked the fairy to make a proper biome or living area for all the animals that exist in this world, so they don’t go extinct.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about relocating Indonesia in the temperate
Adrian’s very wise question: What would be the consequences of Depok being turned into the capital of Indonesia (regardless of whether you did it for no particular reason)?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “The fairy came to me and starting to explaining the rule of granting some wishes, the fairy said that she will grant me four wishes, of which the four wishes had to be only for the changes in my house, changes in my city, changes in the country, and the changes in the world.” Mine: “The fairy came to me and started to explain the rule of granting some wishes. She said that she would grant me four: one of which had to be only about a change to my house; the second could be a change to my city; a third about a change to the country, and the fourth one would be about a change to the world.”
The first thing if I want to have on my house is not exactly on the home to be real, but its surroundings. My house is one of a kind, like some people do. It’s mewah, mepet sawah. Quick vocabs, these three words are indonesian. Mewah means fancy or luxury, while the other two are actually refer the opposite of glamour. Mepet could stand for “in the nick of time” or in this case is “beside of”, and sawah is ricefield. So you guessed it, I am currently living under the roof in the middle of paddies beside the village road. I have no neighbours to greet or to be sharing with, and it really does make an empty feeling in the heart. You woke up and the only thing to be howdy-ed are the breeze, the sun, and no human voices.
The second wish on the list is where will I pick my city to live, that would be Istanbul. It is not too squeezy like Jakarta nor as wide and lonely as Yogyakarta. I have been there for a time and I could tell you the landscape is all but a pleasure in the eye. The weather it offers, how the people behave, the zero-intolerance in diversity unlike how we currently facing in Indonesia, etc. It is build on european style but also not forgetting some of the asian vibes.
Then comes the third one, I would very much like to rip the trait of gluttony out of everyone’s being in this land that we all know and love. Like my faith taught me, there are three main cause of one’s live that could lead to nothingness. They are Wealth, Power, and Women. These things are the reason why news on tv shows up with the headlines about corruption, robbery, sexual perversion, cheating on husbands and wives, endless political debate, and many other crimes I could not point it out here.
And to sum up all my three desires, what I think the best to make the world a bette- no, the best place to live in the universe created by God, I deeply hope that every living soul on the blue sphere could, this really sounds childish, have a greater level of understanding towards each other. Cause I think that is the most effective perception to shut down evil intentions.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about the location of your house – I mean, I like the description of it – although I think, personally, I’d prefer the seclusion or the detachment of your house as it is.
Adrian’s very wise question: In reality, what actually needs to be done to encourage (and enable) every living soul on Earth to have a greater level of understanding towards each other?
Another question: you said, “…there are three main causes of one’s life that could lead to nothingness. They are wealth, power, and women.” [Note my edits, including my change to your capitalization] Are you sure you don’t mean “sex” rather than “women”?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “These things are the reason why news on tv shows up with the headlines about corruption, robbery, sexual perversion, cheating on husbands and wives, endless political debate, and many other crimes I could not point it out here.” Mine: “These things are the reason why the TV news shows are filled with headlines about crimes like corruption, robbery, sexual perversion, adultery and many more, as well as endless political debate.”
My first wish is that I would want my house to be I 100 floor skyscraper complete with the state of the art technology and around 250 butlers and maids to serve me and my family, garage the size of I dealership and of course a helipad on top. The one thing that I would change in Jakarta probably would be the governor and his staff, and I would replace them with robots that could solve Jakarta’s problem in matter of days rather than years of just making excuses to the public for their failure at doing their job. The thing that I would change about Indonesia is the seasons, I want Indonesia to have spring, summer, fall, and winter and for it to have lower temperature during summer, as it is blazing hot in here. The world is in crisis right now but I wouldnt waste my wish to get covid vaccine because the researchers and scientist are already working on that, what I would wish for is the deletion of the idea of radicalism and erase terrorism to its root, so there would be no more ISIS or Al-Qaeda of the future that would harm many innocent people.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about the Indonesian climate because, although I enjoy warm weather, I am one of those people who believes it is easier to deal with overly cold weather than it is to cope with very hot temperatures.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: What line of work would you be in that would fund the employment of 250 butlers and maids to serve you and your family once you’d used your first wish to bring them into existence?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “The world is in crisis right now but I wouldnt waste my wish to get covid vaccine because the researchers and scientist are already working on that, what I would wish for is the deletion of the idea of radicalism and erase terrorism to its root.”” Mine: “The world is in crisis right now but I wouldn’t waste my fourth wish on getting a Covid-19 vaccine because the researchers and scientists are already working on that, So, what I would wish for is the eradication of the idea of radicalism and terrorism at their roots.”
If this thing is really happening, I will be a grateful person on earth to gain four wishes that will be become reality. The first wish that I'm gonna ask is I want a theater to be at my house because in this pandemic time it's been a while since I'm going to the theater to watch some movies so I think it would be better to have my own theater. About the second wish, I really wondered if traffic jams can be banished from my cities, Bekasi. Since Bekasi has the worst traffic jams in Indonesia and waiting in the traffic for a long time in Bekasi is really exhausting since Bekasi also has hot weather throughout the day that will keep you dehydrated for quite a long time. Something that I always wanted to wish for this country is for the corruption cases vanished from my beloved country and if the corruption cases have vanished from Indonesia then our representative in the parliament would be serious to fix some problem in our society. Then the last one, what would I wish for this earth, is all of the countries who live on earth would be befriended each other and if that happens, war, sadness, and grief will never occur again.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about Bekasi because, in a cheeky and slightly greedy way, you actually wished for two different things.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: I wonder what your first three policies would be to make the world free of war, sadness, and grief.
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “If this thing is really happening, I will be a grateful person on earth to gain four wishes that will be become reality. The first wish that I'm gonna ask is I want a theater to be at my house because in this pandemic time it's been a while since I'm going to the theater to watch some movies so I think it would be better to have my own theater.” Mine: “If this thing were really happening, I would be one of the most grateful persons on earth to gain four wishes that would be become reality. The first wish that I would make is I’d want a theater in my house because during this pandemic time and so it's been a while since I have been to one to watch some movies. So, I think it would be better to have my own one in my house.”
My first wish in regards to changing my house would to definitely up the internet quality of my house so it doesn't run indihome anymore this internet provider has only been dissappointment for me not only that it would turn off in the most inconvenient times but when it does run the speed doesn't satisfy my families needs. And for my second wish i would change the commute for my city something like Singapore's MRT or the one in Jakarta would be a great change in the quality of life here. Having one would make it so people who want's to go to work or go to school have an easier time. Moreover it would definitely help a lot of people save money in regards to the need of refilling gas for cars or motorbikes. My last wish is definitely to end COVID-19 this pandemic has probably ruined lives or plans of people from all around the world and has caused more harm than good for the everyone. Things like Indonesias economic dowwnfall and people dying around the world could've been prevented if COVID-19 didn't exist. Moreso most people can also agree that moving to Online learning as a replacement for normal classes can be unproductive for certain people like me who have a short attention span and like to sidetrack.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about modelling the transport system in your city on Singapore's MRT.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: You say that “COVID-19 … has caused more harm than good for the everyone.” As a matter of interest, what “good” do you think it may have caused?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Having (an MRT) would make it so people who want's to go to work or go to school have an easier time. Moreover it would definitely help a lot of people save money in regards to the need of refilling gas for cars or motorbikes.” Mine: “Having (an MRT) would make it so people who wanted to go to work or school would have an easier time. Moreover, it would definitely help a lot of people save money in terms of filling up on gas for cars or motorbikes.”
First of all, I self-proclaimed myself as a grateful person, I am very happy with my current life and not demanding anything. Hope you all get the ironic tone here. But who does not have a wish, right? So, for the first one, I wish my current house will just perish and change on the whole to a cottage core aesthetic cabin house. Not to mention that I want everyone to perish too so that I can just live all by myself. I know it will be weird knowing I live in a city, but I can't help myself from wanting to have farm animals. Horses are preferred and it is a must for me to have a barn. Next, for the second wish, I want my city to have more cafes. I went to all of the cafes here at least once, hence I demanding more because it is getting boring. More cafes but less in houses or apartment complexes. And also, I want more parks here and maybe some drive-in cinemas. For the country, I want everyone including me to have the highest level of intelligence that exists in this world so that we can be the most progressive nation. Lastly for this world, all I want to do is just to remove any form of greediness that hides inside of ourselves and resulting in world peace. Seems impossible but just LET ME WISH.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like how you place the making of these four wishes in the context of your gratitude in life.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: Are you going to take care of the farm animals or would you hire labour with skills in handling livestock?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “So, for the first one, I wish my current house will just perish and change on the whole to a cottage core aesthetic cabin house. Not to mention that I want everyone to perish too so that I can just live all by myself.” Mine: “So, for the first wish, I would like my current house to just disappear and replace it with one that has the aesthetics of a cottage or cabin house. Not to mention that I want everyone to disappear too so that I can just live all by myself.”
Here are the things I have always wanted to change if I had four wishes granted. Firstly, about my house, I want to have a really nice rooftop with a perfect angle where the sun shines beautifully in a cozy sofa, so that I have my own sunset spot to enjoy a nice evening. About the city where I live, which is Cirebon, I actually don’t have any specific wish. This city and its culture are already perfect. But if there is one thing I want to change, it would be the heat. I don’t know if it is just me or does the sun always decide go wild every 12pm up until dawn. It is still better than Surabaya though, but still, I wish it was not as burning as how it is right now. Now, for my third wish, I wish that this country could be more open-minded. Imagine how peaceful it is to have people stop caring so much about what other people are doing and start minding their own businesses. As long as people don’t harm any rights or discriminate others, I think there are absolutely no reasons for us to get our hands in other people’s decision on literally anything. Being open-minded doesn’t necessarily mean that we have to change the whole value of what the society believe at the first place, but it is simply to accept differences whether it suits our beliefs or not. Lastly about the world, I wish there were no racism happening to any race. I do believe everyone should be treated fairly, but I dedicate this wish specifically to the minorities who have always been discriminated by the superior majority. Again, I think all four of my wishes are realistic and it doesn’t take any genie to grant them. We can just simply be a better version of ourselves and start the change from the small things, such as saving some money to decorate my boarding house or start accepting differences and tolerate each other.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about not impinging on the rights of others or discriminating against them.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: Is it hot at night in Cirebon?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “But if there is one thing I want to change, it would be the heat. I don’t know if it is just me or does the sun always decide go wild every 12pm up until dawn. It is still better than Surabaya though, but still, I wish it was not as burning as how it is right now.” Mine: “But, if there were one thing I wanted to change, it would be the heat. I don’t know if it is just me; does the sun always decide go wild every 12pm up until dawn? It is still better than Surabaya though. However, I still wish it was not as burning how as it is right now.”
With my first of four wishes, I wish to remodel my house and turn it into one with a more modern architectural stye. I love open-space houses focused on using materials like wood and stone, with simple cement floors and a very neutral color scheme. Aside from that, I’d also love to have solar panels installed on the roof of my house because that would be the more environmentally-conscious choice. With my second wish, I’d really like for Jakarta to become a more physically-appealing city. Sure, areas like Sudirman and Senayan are totally sights for sore eyes, but the rest of Jakarta? Not so much. My wish would be for an excellent city planner to just entirely change everything and beautify all the buildings, houses, parks, parking spaces, restaurant areas, malls, and pretty much every other component that makes up a city. In regards to my third wish, I wish for Indonesians to become more open-minded. Despite being a somewhat-modern country, so many Indonesians are narrow-minded and totally judgmental about very simple things like sex education, women’s rights, accepting everyone no matter the differences, religion, and freedom of expression. It would be so lovely for Indonesians to just stop putting a very constricting, limiting label on anything and everything, and to just allow people to be who they are without fear of judgment or bullying. Finally, for the world, I wish that climate change and global warming no longer exist, and that the world’s environmental state will return to its former glory, way before the Industrial Revolution. I read somewhere that it’ll only take 11 or 12 years for climate change to reach a certain level of extremity, one without a turning point. This fact is so terrifying to me and I feel that countless people underestimate or disregard it as easily as they forget about very trivial, unimportant things. Fortune 500 CEOs and directors – I'm looking at you.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about Indonesians becoming more open-minded. I also like what you said to Fortune 500 CEOs at the end, although I suspect that they are not reasing this blog!
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: You say, “Many Indonesians are narrow-minded and totally judgmental about very simple things like sex education, women’s rights, accepting everyone no matter the differences, religion, and freedom of expression.” Do you plan to respect the right to freedom of expression of those who disagree with you strongly on matters like sex education, women’s rights, and religion? (It’s just a rhetorical question; there is no need to answer it.)
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “I read somewhere that it’ll only take 11 or 12 years for climate change to reach a certain level of extremity, one without a turning point. This fact is so terrifying to me and I feel that countless people underestimate or disregard it as easily as they forget about very trivial, unimportant things.” Mine: “I read somewhere that it’ll only take 11 or 12 years for climate change to reach a certain level of extremity that is past the point of no return. This fact is so terrifying to me, and I feel that too many people underestimate or disregard it as easily as they forget about very trivial, unimportant things.”
My first wish would be to decorate the house with as much marble as possible. I like marble, and I find it a very attractive feature in everything – walls, tiles, tables. To make things even better, I also want to grow some indoor houseplants in the living room, such as peace lilies. Secondly, I wish that the city where I live would have more greens. I want there to be spacious parks, beautiful flower gardens, and big palm trees along the main roads just like in California. For my third wish, I want Indonesia to be less polluted, because the quality of air in the country has been very concerning for the past few months. I want to see the sky clear blue again. I want to be able to walk around the neighborhood without suffocating from the polluted air. Lastly, I want the world to have better tolerance for people of all ages, races, and sexes. Intolerance and discrimination are serious issues that we need to fight. People should be able to walk down the main streets of the city without getting racist comments thrown at them. Everyone should be able to feel safe, wherever they are at.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about more green space in your city.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: Do you realize that you used yout first wish to wish for two different things?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Lastly, I want the world to have better tolerance for people of all ages, races, and sexes. Intolerance and discrimination are serious issues that we need to fight.” Mine: “Lastly, I want the people of the world to have better tolerance for those of all ages, races, and sexes. Intolerance and discrimination are serious provlems that we need to fight against.”
If one morning I could have four wishes granted it would be a very wonderful thing to be done according to my liking. First of all with the first wish ( have some change to the house you live in that you can make instantly ) some changes needed to be done to my house, that first change is to enlarge my house size to problably 1500 meters in area size, secondly the next change is adding a swimming pool and a basketball court to my house so I could do exercises, the third thing is aquariums, I want to build aquarium in the living room and inside my room, and the last thing is enlarging all the rooms inside my house by requesting all of those changes it would be very helpful to me and my family. Regarding the second wish(change one thing about the city in which you live ) I would wish to change the city layouts so it would be more pedestrians friendly. Jakarta as a city is not a very pedestrian friendly ? Many areas cant or hardly accessible for pedestrians, where even motorcycles oftenly go through sidewalk and can endangered pedestrians. For the third wish ( change one thing about the country where you live ), if I could change something about my country I would problably wish that education is more accessible to every one and have the same standard of education anywhere in the country. Indonesia's education system is actually quite high but the equalization is still very far a way to be reached, many island or hard to reach places for example Miangas Island which is the northest country in Indonesia lacks educational staff there and because of that their living condition would not be change in the mere future. The fourth, the last, and surely not least wish (hange something about the world ) if I could change something to this world, I would exactly wish for people to be more educated per se about the environment. If people from the begining of industrial revolutian era would be more concern about our earth, about the environmental damage that their factories would have done all I could say is " Sayonara Global Worming " we as the generation that lives in the 21st century would not be battling global warming and many species of extinct animal would still be around and not only be seen in google images. Certaintly I am hoping that my 4 wishes could come ture but fortunately it cant and by all means the only way that those wishes to be granted are by our will to change.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about global warming.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: When you say you want “to enlarge my house size to problably 1500 meters”, do you mean 1,500m x 1,500m, or 1,500m all the way round the boundary, or 1,500 metres squared (a measure of area)?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Certaintly I am hoping that my 4 wishes could come ture but fortunately it cant and by all means the only way that those wishes to be granted are by our will to change.” Mine: “Certaintly, I am hoping that my four wishes will come true but, fortunately, they can’t and, by all means, the only way that those wishes can be granted is through our will to change.”
The first change to the house that I would make is to have an underground bunker. This may be the result of watching too much Doomsday Prepper when I was a kid, but with the coming of Covid-19, I’m starting to believe that a lot of things I thought would have been impossible can be possible. If one virus could catastrophically change the world and completely alter how we spend our days, there’s no telling that a zombie pandemic might happen. And if so, me and my family will surely be safe and dandy in our underground bunker (and yes, it will be completely packed with a lifetime of canned and dry food, weapons, our own rooms, ventilation, Internet or other means of connection to the outside, and most important of all, air conditioning).
ReplyDeleteFor my next wish, I only wish for my city to facilitate public housing. My city, Tangerang Selatan, is actually quite suburban. My area is more on the privileged side, with an array of restaurants, malls, hospitals, hotels, schools, and the only Ikea in Indonesia. Behind it all however, Tangerang has an unfortunate economic gap swept under the rug, obvious when you drive just a little off the coast of those very malls you see everyday. Cement walls with wired fences are made to separate off the poorer areas, and only the middle-upper class can afford to enjoy these many facilities my city has been harboring. If only there had been decent public housing that the people here don’t need to worry about paying for too much or even to have that rent subsidized, then I’m sure the city would be better off with higher productivity with more access to the aforementioned facilities.
My third wish is for the government. Or, rather, against them. My wish is for there to be a magical machine looking out for each and every mistake the government has made and to publicize it. Of course, a mistake can sometimes be perceived differently to other people, so it should adhere to just a few criterias the government has been so prominently abusing. 1) They should not act purely out of their own self interests. 2) They should not act out of money or profit. I suppose these two rules can cover a wide variety of mistakes they’ve been making so far and some may perceive this as too much but honestly I think it’s just, considering the amount of corruptions happening in this country.
My fourth and last wish is for the world to be completely rid of money. Every bit of it, and every shape and form of it. Barters and trades are fine, but not money. Somehow almost everything, if not all, bad and horrible in the world have connections to money, and how liberating it would be if we were to be rid of it. Radical? Maybe. But when you go about your day thinking you should slave through school or work just so you won’t end up dead in the streets, it may not be such a radical thought after all.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about underground bunker because it is a unique wish among all the the IUP students! Actually, I like the one about getting rid of money for the same reason.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: When you think about the terrible things that could happen that would send you down into your underground bunker, how long do you envisage having to stay there?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Of course, a mistake can sometimes be perceived differently to other people, so it should adhere to just a few criterias the government has been so prominently abusing. 1) They should not act purely out of their own self interests. 2) They should not act out of money or profit.” Mine: “Of course, a mistake can sometimes be perceived differently by other people, so it should adhere to a few criteria which the government has been so prominently abusing. 1) They should not act purely out of their own self-interest. 2) They should not act out of a desire for money or profit.”
This is something that eight years old Gerald would wish to happen. For the first wish, I am so satisfied with my house right now because I just move here in January. But I would love to add a gym and a basketball court at my house. Since it is a wish, I can make it as unrealistic as possible. I love the second wish because there are lots of things that I would love to change in Jakarta. Therefore, I would pick the most crucial one that reducing garbage in Jakarta, even the ones that are on human forms. I think the third wish is pretty crucial so that we can ease up our lives. I would ask for a super-fast train, faster than trains in Japan or China, that is connected to every region of the country. This is so unrealistic but I would love to go Papua for about 30 minutes, so I could go there in the morning and just go home easily at night. Maybe if this is possible in the future, a teleporting machine would be lovely. Imagine if you could go somewhere random just in a blink of an eye. Finally, for the fourth wish, I would love to represent the world to get rid of all diseases, especially the COVID-19. This virus has been so unbeneficial for all of us and I don’t want to suffer these kinds of pandemic forever.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about building a fast train network.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: “Imagine if you could go somewhere random just in a blink of an eye.” Don’t you think patience is a virtue?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “This is something that eight years old Gerald would wish to happen. For the first wish, I am so satisfied with my house right now because I just move here in January.” Mine: “This is something that the eight-year-old Gerald would have wished to happen. For the first wish, I am very satisfied with my house right now because I just moved here in January.”
My first wish would definitely be for my house to have a free or unlimited access to Wi-Fi. Considering the current online class and work from home situation that my family is going through, it costs us a quite amount of money per month for a moderate internet connection and there is no way we could afford it for the whole year. An unlimited internet would be amazing, especially during this pandemic period. Next, I would use my second wish for a recycling plant or some kind of a waste management system in my city because the amount of garbage, that could have been recycled, is plentiful. From food cans to used papers, they all end up on a landfill instead.
ReplyDeleteFor my third wish, I would ask for an equal distribution of education system. I personally feel like this issue does not get the attention it deserves. There is no way for this to be resolved overnight, but would love to see those from the eastern side of Indonesia to have the same access to education as their western cousins. Lastly, my wish for the world would be for people to be more aware of their surroundings, not just the environment but also the on-going social issues, such as racial discrimination, false arrest, and the increasing number of rape victims. Us humans need to realize that these are happening all over the globe. I feel like people are too caught up with themselves that they forgot to see the world from a global perspective.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about the awareness of the world’s people although I think those who have power have more to answer for, perhaps, than the powerless people.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: Seeing as you think unlimited internet would be amazing, do you imagine yourself spending hours and hours every day on the FEB campus taking advantage of the free wi-fi?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “For my third wish, I would ask for an equal distribution of education system. I personally feel like this issue does not get the attention it deserves. There is no way for this to be resolved overnight, but would love to see those from the eastern side of Indonesia to have the same access to education as their western cousins.” Mine: “For my third wish, I would ask for a more equitable distribution of public education services. I personally feel like this issue does not get the attention it deserves. There is no way for this to be resolved overnight, but I would love to see those from the eastern part of Indonesia to have the same access to education as their compatriots in the western part.”
Having to wake up and finding out I have an opportunities to have four wishes, it is a dream. For the first wish, to be honest I do not know what to change in my house particularly but maybe for an additional member of the family I really want to have a fish tank filled with an Orca, just one. So my catfish would not be as lonely as he is right now, because it is kind of sad looking at him all lonely in that dark fish tank of mine. The second one, for my beloved city, I really wish we will have a subway or an oyster, I think that what they called in the UK, correct me I'm wrong. Also, because I really miss running around to get into the train or miss my stop. For the third wish, I do not really want to sound like a hypocrite, but to be honest at this second I do not have anything in mind of something that I want to change for my country. Last but not least, I wish the world can forgive us for everything that we had done to it, because I feel like we treat our world so poorly but at least now we are trying to make up for it, so I hope you forgive us world.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about the “oyster”. Yes. That is what they are called.
Delete“The Oyster card is a payment method for public transport in London (and certain areas around it) in the United Kingdom. A standard Oyster card is a blue credit-card-sized stored-value contact-less smart-card. It is promoted by Transport for London and can be used on travel modes across London including London Underground, London Buses, the Docklands Light Railway (DLR), London Overground, Tramlink, some river boat services, and most National Rail services within the London fare zones. Since its introduction in June 2003, more than 86 million cards have been used.
Adrian’s very wise question: How does your catfish tell you about his feelings? Is it by the look on his face? Is your companionship not enough to help him overcome his loneliness?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “For the third wish, I do not really want to sound like a hypocrite, but to be honest at this second I do not have anything in mind of something that I want to change for my country.” Mine: “For the third wish, I do not really want to sound like a hypocrite, but to be honest at this second, I do not have anything in mind of that I want to change about my country.”
The first wish is for changes that can be made to my home. Since I do not have anything specific that I wish to change about my home, my wish will focus on my family members who are living with me. I hope that all of us can find peace in our hearts and be contented with everything we have in this world. May the ups and downs never break us apart and may God always bless us. I wish that I can continue to see my family smile together.
ReplyDeleteThe second wish is for my city. This is rather tough since I am new to the area. However, I pray that we continue to progress and help to make our country better for everyone, in every city in the country.
Thirdly, for my country. I wish that all of us continue to educate ourselves. Education takes us far, be it academics or non-academically. I hope that we can harmonize better, end any mistreatment towards any group. We need to care for one another. We know how tough life can be. Hence, I hope we can be kind to one another. Let us never pull anyone down.
Lastly, my wish is for the world. I wish that all of us can learn how to appreciate each other better- people, animals, or the environment. I wish that everyone never has a day where they do not feel loved. I wish that all of us get equal opportunities in life and that there are no discriminations towards anyone that is “different.
I wish that all our wishes and prayers are granted.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about your family: very heartwarming.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: What exactly does “equal opportunities” mean to your way of thinking? There are so many inequalities among humans, including our personal attributes and differing access to wealth and power, so how could “opportunities” realistically be equalized?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Thirdly, for my country. I wish that all of us continue to educate ourselves. Education takes us far, be it academics or non-academically. I hope that we can harmonize better, end any mistreatment towards any group.” Mine: “Thirdly, something for my country. I wish that all of us would continue to educate ourselves. Education takes us far, be it academically or non-academically. I hope that we can harmonize better and end any mistreatment towards any group.”
For my first wish, a change to my house, I would like to install a solar panel to reduce bills from PLN (State Electricity Company) and to also practice using a sustainable alternative, since I do realize that I use a lot of electricity. Solar panels are pretty expensive, so now it’s still a wish of mine. For the second wish, which is changing one thing about the city that I live in, I would like Jakarta to have a better public transportation system. The reason why I barely use any public transportation is; it’s highly inefficient, it rarely comes on time, and it's very crowded. So, my wish would be adding more busses and its routes to cover the entirety of Jakarta and with that, hopefully, more people would use it. Next, for my third wish, changing one thing about Indonesia, it would be to abolish corruption. If you think about it, a lot of Indonesia’s problems are related to corruption in the government. Bribing is also very common, so everyone is very lax since they know they’ll be able to get away with their crime. Yes, people do get prosecuted for corruption, but nonetheless, it is still widely prevalent. Finally, for my last wish, I would like for every country to have an equal media representation, since nowadays it’s only big if it’s the US. For example, the 2020 Presidential Debate. I don’t mean that we shouldn’t care about the US, I just want other countries that maybe are in a crisis or is in need of help, to get some coverage from the media, so people would care and they might donate, thus also helping that particular country to recover.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about corruption.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: Do you think, in Indonesian “gengsi” culture, it is realistic to think middle class people – who have been successful enough to be able to afford and buy expensive cars – to start taking public transport around the city in the same way as poor people do?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Bribing is also very common, so everyone is very lax since they know they’ll be able to get away with their crime. Yes, people do get prosecuted for corruption, but nonetheless, it is still widely prevalent.” Mine: “Bribery is also very common, so everyone is very lax since they know they’ll be able to get away with their crime. Yes, people do get prosecuted for corruption but, nonetheless, it is still widespread and prevalent.”
The first thing I want to change about my house is to have a more organized and cleaner version of it. My family has a trouble with managing all of our unused things. Our attic is currently full of household items that are either broken, dirty or we just don’t know what we’ll do with them. The second thing about my city that I want to change is that I want Jakarta to be filled with more organized citizens with strong mentalities. I think that Japan has many unique cities and one of the factors of that is because of the mentality of their citizens in there. I’ve seen this once viral picture of a pavement in the middle of the busy town plaza in the city of Naka that went down because of a land slide which created a massive hole and they actually managed to repair that hole within 2 days. If we imply this kind of mentality to Jakarta, I’m sure this city will make a better capital than it already was.
ReplyDeleteThe third thing that I want to change about my country is to have more open-minded people in Indonesia. People in Indonesia hasn’t really been kind or open to changes like new trends or new regulations that are actually crucial in nowadays. The main cause of this is because most Indonesians still hold on to past traditions that are not completely suitable for many aspects nowadays. And last but not least, the thing that I want to change about the world is to have a new vaccine for COVID-19. COVID-19 has really affected many aspects of the world. And these affects get worse each day. Everyday, huge amounts of people die because of COVID-19, the world economics are shifting an uncharacteristic way, if I may say and education system isn’t working effectively. I just hope that this pandemic can be over so that things can go back to normal.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about your country. How do you bring about that kind of change, though? (Besides having a magic wish!)
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: You said you think that Japan has many unique cities. If I were to say, on the contrary, the city centres of dozens and dozens of Japanese cities sometimes seem like they are all the same… similar train stations, similar architecture, same shops, same restaurants, same buses and taxis, same supermarkets, selling the same things, and the same white castle on the hillside with the same lantern festival and the same lovely cherry blossom trees in the spring – indeed, I’d say there is a remarkable degree of uniformity… what would you say to rebut my assertion and, instead, argue that those cities are unique?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “The second thing about my city that I want to change is that I want Jakarta to be filled with more organized citizens with strong mentalities. I think that Japan has many unique cities and one of the factors of that is because of the mentality of their citizens in there.” Mine: “The second thing I want to change is about my city; I want Jakarta to be populated with more organized citizens with strong mentalities. I think that Japan has many unique cities and one of the factors behind that is the mentality of their citizens.”
For my first wish, I wish to have ten million wishes, just kidding... If I had four wishes, I would wish for my house to be more than just a structure but a place that I can call home. To fulfill that wish, I expect my house to have a harmonized family that is able to tolerate and to compromise each other’s characters, personalities. This house would also need to be in a city that is able to accommodate the conditions of each home and family. The city would be civilized in terms of being tolerant and embracing the diversity between ethnic groups and social classes. Also having enough green space in order to maintain the stability between the urban society and mother nature. If multiple cities in a country would fulfill these standards, it would create an ideal country which is also my third wish. With that in mind, I wish a country would have a transparent constitution, serving to protect and serve the public civilians equally and rightfully. Lastly my wish for mankind on the face of this world is that each and every one of us would treat one another as humans, with compassion and to save the earth from its impending doom.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about your home and I also wish that that can happen for you at some point in the future.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: What is opaque (or translucent) about your country’s constitution? Perhaps you are talking about the actions of those claiming to be acting in compliance with it?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “The city would be civilized in terms of being tolerant and embracing the diversity between ethnic groups and social classes. Also having enough green space in order to maintain the stability between the urban society and mother nature. If multiple cities in a country would fulfill these standards, it would create an ideal country which is also my third wish.” Mine: “The city would be civilized in terms of being tolerant and embracing the diversity of ethnic groups and social classes. It would also have enough green space to maintain the balance between the urban society and mother nature. If multiple cities in a country would fulfill these standards, it would create an ideal country which is also my third wish.”
So I woke up this morning and been granted 4 wishes that actually I would never ask for in real life. But anyway, the first wish is to make some changes to the house I lived in. I do love this house I lived in, but if I’m obliged to make changes I think I would add vending machines with unlimited resource and of course free of charge in every room in my house The second wish is to make changes to the city I lived in. this is actually quite easy. First thing that came to my mind spontaneously is to ask for rain of snow here. As we know, Indonesia is very warm, but Surabaya is on a different level, it is sizzling hot here and I’m trying to be nice by saying it that way! The third wish is to make changes to the country that I lived in. I would love to create a condition where the rich people become poor and vice versa. I don’t know why I would do that, maybe just to shake things up and see whether all of us could survive in a totally different situation financially. The last and certainly not least is the fourth wish, and that is to make any changes to this world we live in. Okay, I just want to be noble with this wish. I would like to restore the ozone thingy in our atmosphere and restore the ice in the poles so that we could live a little longer. Well, despite the ever present threat of hunger, war, terrorism, etc.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about creating a condition where the rich people become poor and vice versa; however, I think the entire political system is designed to make this impossible!
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: If we cannot actually restore the ozone thingy and the ice at the poles, what then?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “The first wish is to make some changes to the house I lived in. I do love this house I lived in, but if I’m obliged to make changes I think I would add vending machines with unlimited resource and of course free of charge in every room in my house.” Mine: “The first wish is to make a change to the house where I live – which I love living in – but, if I’m obliged to make a change, I think I would add vending machines with unlimited stock and, of course, free of charge in every room.”
I am in love with the ambiance of places like library and coffee shops. Thus, I wanted to add a vast room in my house where I can put all of my books there and at the same place all kinds of coffee and drinks are provided there. It would be so exciting to have such a place like that inside my house. Other important features are the furniture and the view. I wanted to choose wood and forest as the main theme of the room. For the view, a garden full of flowers would be great!
ReplyDeleteFor the second wish, it would be so great if I could upgrade the public transportation system and create a pedestrian friendly side walks in Yogyakarta. Talking about public transportation, here in my town, we have lack of options to stroll around the city with public transportations. Public transportation provided by the government is actully only Trans Jogja (bus). Furthermore, it is not providing the best service for people to feel comfortable while using it. Some places in Yogyakarta is quite comfortable for pedestrians, for example in Kota Baru or Malioboro. But, in most other places, thing doesn’t go the same way.
Indonesia, a country where I live in, has abudant resources. Just one thing that I wanted to change from this country, it is how the way Indonesians think forward and be progressive. From what I think, Indonesia could be so much better when the people wanted to make a change. One of the things that hold us back is corrupt culture. I wish we could get rid of that and build a better Indonesia.
One thing I really wish I could change in this world is racism. We should stop to treat other races differently and we should start to respect every human being alive. The world would be so beautiful and comfortable without racism.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about books and coffee and furniture and flowers. Oh yes, and a forest too.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: Why would you hold on to enough books to fill a “vast” library?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Some places in Yogyakarta is quite comfortable for pedestrians, for example in Kota Baru or Malioboro. But, in most other places, thing doesn’t go the same way.” Mine: “Some places in Yogyakarta are quite comfortable for pedestrians: for example, Kota Baru or Malioboro. But, in most other places, things aren’t the same.”
For the first wish, I actually quite like my house, especially the strategic location of it, but if I could change anything about it, I want to have a huge backyard so my mom could plant all of her favorite plants. There’s actually this empty house right behind mine, so it would be awesome if I could just magically expand my house over there and create a beautiful garden where my mom could do her little gardening and my cat could have more space to run around.
ReplyDeleteFor the second wish, the city where I live is quite boring. But, there’s one thing in particular that really annoys me; all the statues over here don’t look aesthetically pleasing at all. If you look up ‘gajah mungkur Gresik’ on Google, you will see a pathetic attempt at what’s supposed to be an elephant statue. The statue’s not only ugly, but also a clear evidence of corruption in the government. So, if I could magically change something about the city where I live, it’d be to erase all sorts of corruption which then results to the money actually allocated to make artistic statues that are more pleasing to look at.
As for the third wish, there are so many things I want to change about this country, but my main concern right now is how poorly we manage our waste. This country’s waste problem is terrible as it is, but the government makes it worse by allowing other countries to import waste to our land. That being said, I don’t think I’ve contributed enough to reduce the amount of waste in Indonesia. It’s a very complicated situation that can’t be solved easily, so it’d be amazing if there’s any kind of magic that could make all the trash disappear from this country.
This generation is faced with a lot of environmental problems and as a Gen Z myself, I’m scared about this planet’s future. I wish I could really change the climate change that might happen in the future. It’s already happening now and it needs some kind of magical power to not make it worse in the future.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about getting rid of statues and I also like how this would be symbolic of fighting corruption.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: Why do people like growing flowers rather than vegetables? Both activites are ‘gardening’ but surely growing food is more useful than the fleeting beauty of flowers?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “I don’t think I’ve contributed enough to reduce the amount of waste in Indonesia. It’s a very complicated situation that can’t be solved easily, so it’d be amazing if there’s any kind of magic that could make all the trash disappear from this country.” Mine: “I don’t think I’ve contributed enough to reducing the amount of waste in Indonesia. It’s a very complicated situation that couldn’t be solved easily, so it’d be amazing if there were any kind of magic that could make all the trash disappear from this country.”
If there were some change that I could make to my current house, I would want to add a few luxuries to it. I would add another floor just to build an infinity pool that looks over the whole cluster. The infinity pool would be a great place to relax and spend some time with friends and family. Besides that, I would also change the furniture and interior to fit into an elegant monochrome theme.
ReplyDeleteFor my second wish, I am going to add a few new parks that looks like mini forests. This means that there are going to be a lot of tall trees planted all across the park. Although BSD City is a good place to live in, I feel like the area gets too hot and dry. I hope that with the park, the weather will become more enjoyable and there will be fresher air to breathe. Besides that, the community can also use the park for their events or to simply enjoy their time.
My third wish would be to fix the education system and also the national curriculum. I did not mean to discredit the people who made the current curriculum but I believe that it could be better. For instance, I would put some lessons regarding soft skills, sex education, critical thinking and amongst others so that the students are not only academically inclined, but they will be good citizens for this country.
Lastly, I would wish upon love to everyone in this world. There’s a song that says what the world needs now is love and I can’t agree even more. I know that there are tons of people out there who feels hopeless and they feel like no one loves them. Some people do things thehy don’t even like just for the sake of doing something. But, with love, everything is going to be different. I believe that with love, this world would be a better place to live in.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about changing the the national curriculum.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: If you controlled the world, what would you do, specifically – I mean, like what policies would you enact – in order to spread love?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Although BSD City is a good place to live in, I feel like the area gets too hot and dry. I hope that with the park, the weather will become more enjoyable and there will be fresher air to breathe. Besides that, the community can also use the park for their events or to simply enjoy their time.” Mine: “Although BSD City is a good place to live, I feel like the area gets too hot and dry. I hope that, with the park, the weather would become more enjoyable and there would be fresher air to breathe. Besides that, the community could also use the park for their events or to simply enjoy their time.”
For the first wish, I would like my house to turn into a smart house; equipped with Artificial Intelligence, automated features, and having robots to work for me. Some of the features include automatic doors, power switches, and air conditioners. The AI would help me sort out my tasks of the day, and remind me of my agenda every now and then. Aside from that, I would have robots to help me with house chores, breakfast preparation as well as lunch and dinner cooking. I would also love to have a complete renovation of the house’s interior and exterior design; making it highly futuristic in a contemporary fashion.
ReplyDeleteAs for the second wish, I would like to turn Bekasi, which is a city I live in, into a city of grassland with wild animals running around. I wish that the city could stop being a metropolitan city, instead, I want it to be an entirely rural but beautiful place where everybody connects with each other. This city should also have a wonderful scenery that is exactly like what they have in Switzerland.
For the third wish, I want my country’s government to stop being corrupt and to allocate their budgets for the correct social programmes and policies. They need to ensure that they are on-target and effective in terms of the implementation and execution.
For the last wish, I wish that the world could be a safe space for everyone. As boring and conventional as it sounds, I really wish that everyone, regardless of their genders, races, religions, beliefs and sexualities, could be protected at all costs and that they would feel the right to be a part of this world without having to worry about whether anyone is going to harass or harm them in any way.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about your dream for Bekasi but, whichever way I look at it, you are talking about simply bulldozering all the buildings, right? You want to wipe the urban area off the face of the map and then release wild animals into this brand new countryside.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: Why would you have robots – and not humans – do your work for you?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “As for the second wish, I would like to turn Bekasi, which is a city I live in, into a city of grassland with wild animals running around. I wish that the city could stop being a metropolitan city, instead, I want it to be an entirely rural but beautiful place where everybody connects with each other.” Mine: “As for the second wish, I would like to turn Bekasi, the city in which I live, into grassland with wild animals running around. I wish that the city was no longer a metropolitan area; instead, I would want it to be an entirely rural but beautiful place where everybody connects with each other.”
Sarah Salsabila
ReplyDeleteIf I have the chance to change something in my house, I will probably build a pool and an outdoor kitchen. The top amenities of the ideal outdoor kitchen would include a built-in gas grill, a sink and stainless food prep area, a small fridge for food and drink storage, and plenty of lavish stone patio seating areas for entertaining. I could also throw a party or have a family gathering in the outdoor area.
Meanwhile, if I couldchange one thing about the city in which I live in , I will probably wish that there will be less traffic in Jakarta. Whenever I want to go somewhere around Jakarta with my friends or family, I always encounter traffic. It normally takes about an hour just to go to some malls in South Jakarta.
On the other hand, If I could change something about Indonesia, I will probably wish that there will be less poverty and a better education for Indonesian citizens. Indonesian's poverty. Out of a population of 270.2 million, about 26.42 million Indonesians still live below the poverty line. I really wish that the government could do something about this such as by giving more unemployment benefits and provide work for people that live below the poverty line. Aside from that, the government could also increase their spending on education in Indonesia so that Indonesian people will be more educated.
Lastly, if I could change something about the world, I really hope that people can appreciate and respect each other so that there will only be love in this world. I also wish that everyone can have equal opportunities in this world whether they are poor or rich, black or white and regardless of their gender.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about your ideal, outdoor kitchen – with all the details about what equipment you would need; I wonder if you will make this dream into a reality when you eventually have a house all of your own?
DeleteAdrian’s very wise questions: How is poverty defined in order that the figure 26.42 million people can be arrived at? Can we compare poverty statistics of different countries?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “I really wish that the government could do something about this such as by giving more unemployment benefits and provide work for people that live below the poverty line. Aside from that, the government could also increase their spending on education in Indonesia so that Indonesian people will be more educated.” Mine: “I really wish that the government would do something about (poverty) such as by giving more unemployment benefits and providing work for people that live below the poverty line. Aside from that, the government could also increase their spending on education in Indonesia so that Indonesian people would be more educated.”
So, I had a dream last night about making a contract with the fairy. It was a very fantastic dream about the changes that happened in my life. To stop you from wondering about what happened with my wishes let me just tell you the story of my dream. So, in my dream, I woke up in the morning and there was a fairy spinning around in my room. The fairy came to me and starting to explaining the rule of granting some wishes, the fairy said that she will grant me four wishes, of which the four wishes had to be only for the changes in my house, changes in my city, changes in the country, and the changes in the world. So without any second thought, I started to say my wishes to the fairy. For the changes in my house, I asked the fairy to change the model of the house to some “big lodge” type of house. For the next wish which was the changes in the city, I wanted Depok to be the capital of Indonesia for no particular reason. The third, for the changes in the country, I asked the fairy to move Indonesia’s location to the upper middle of the pacific ocean between Russia and North America. You might be wondering why would I ask the fairy to relocate Indonesia? Of course, it’s because I wanted Indonesia to have four-season and so I could enjoy the benefit of having a lodge type of house. And for the last wish about the changes in this world. For this wish, I asked the fairy to make a proper biome or living area for all the animals that exist in this world, so they don’t go extinct.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about relocating Indonesia in the temperate
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: What would be the consequences of Depok being turned into the capital of Indonesia (regardless of whether you did it for no particular reason)?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “The fairy came to me and starting to explaining the rule of granting some wishes, the fairy said that she will grant me four wishes, of which the four wishes had to be only for the changes in my house, changes in my city, changes in the country, and the changes in the world.” Mine: “The fairy came to me and started to explain the rule of granting some wishes. She said that she would grant me four: one of which had to be only about a change to my house; the second could be a change to my city; a third about a change to the country, and the fourth one would be about a change to the world.”
The first thing if I want to have on my house is not exactly on the home to be real, but its surroundings. My house is one of a kind, like some people do. It’s mewah, mepet sawah. Quick vocabs, these three words are indonesian. Mewah means fancy or luxury, while the other two are actually refer the opposite of glamour. Mepet could stand for “in the nick of time” or in this case is “beside of”, and sawah is ricefield. So you guessed it, I am currently living under the roof in the middle of paddies beside the village road. I have no neighbours to greet or to be sharing with, and it really does make an empty feeling in the heart. You woke up and the only thing to be howdy-ed are the breeze, the sun, and no human voices.
ReplyDeleteThe second wish on the list is where will I pick my city to live, that would be Istanbul. It is not too squeezy like Jakarta nor as wide and lonely as Yogyakarta. I have been there for a time and I could tell you the landscape is all but a pleasure in the eye. The weather it offers, how the people behave, the zero-intolerance in diversity unlike how we currently facing in Indonesia, etc. It is build on european style but also not forgetting some of the asian vibes.
Then comes the third one, I would very much like to rip the trait of gluttony out of everyone’s being in this land that we all know and love. Like my faith taught me, there are three main cause of one’s live that could lead to nothingness. They are Wealth, Power, and Women. These things are the reason why news on tv shows up with the headlines about corruption, robbery, sexual perversion, cheating on husbands and wives, endless political debate, and many other crimes I could not point it out here.
And to sum up all my three desires, what I think the best to make the world a bette- no, the best place to live in the universe created by God, I deeply hope that every living soul on the blue sphere could, this really sounds childish, have a greater level of understanding towards each other. Cause I think that is the most effective perception to shut down evil intentions.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about the location of your house – I mean, I like the description of it – although I think, personally, I’d prefer the seclusion or the detachment of your house as it is.
DeleteAdrian’s very wise question: In reality, what actually needs to be done to encourage (and enable) every living soul on Earth to have a greater level of understanding towards each other?
Another question: you said, “…there are three main causes of one’s life that could lead to nothingness. They are wealth, power, and women.” [Note my edits, including my change to your capitalization] Are you sure you don’t mean “sex” rather than “women”?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “These things are the reason why news on tv shows up with the headlines about corruption, robbery, sexual perversion, cheating on husbands and wives, endless political debate, and many other crimes I could not point it out here.” Mine: “These things are the reason why the TV news shows are filled with headlines about crimes like corruption, robbery, sexual perversion, adultery and many more, as well as endless political debate.”