You wake up one morning and you find you can somehow have four wishes granted. The first one is some change to the house you live in that you can make instantly. Similarly, with the second wish you can change one thing about the city in which you live. Then, with the third one, you can change one thing about the country where you live and then use a fourth wish to change something about the world. With wishes number two, three and four you cannot just give people money; you have to be more creative than that! Briefly describe what your four wishes would be.
[Approx. 200 words/30 minutes' writing.]
Firstly, I was really blessed with my house because I did not experienced any uncomfortable matters since the facilities were so complete. There were things that I should redesign by adding more aesthetic green plants, having a cleaner area for my pets, setting fans in closed areas, fixing the driers so it won't broke anymore, and lastly putting away unwanted stuffs which are unused and dusty. Secondly, I have envisioned a clean city with strict rules. Jakarta was a big city, a representative of Indonesia in the world's eyes mainly from its political and governmental businesses. Attractive smoking areas should be placed in certain crowded areas and creative posters should maintain its design and persuasive matters so people will slowly build their awareness about smoking sensitivity. Every housing complex from small rural areas to big residences are obliged to create their own event on working together for cleaner living or called as Kerja Bakti in Indonesian. Thirdly, since humans have subjective views and they cannot identify between the true and the false values, we all should have a responsible leaders to fight our humanity issues towards the elites. The leaders should have strong patriotism and nationalism so we, as the people could have a self-sufficient principle and always be critical to the global issues. Lastly, I want the world to study far through about what they understand about humanity and its definitions. People should come back to their 'origins' or in Indonesian we called it Fitrah, something that God has sent to us for example moral values, fixed gender, religiosity, and others. By this, I hope we can change the world into a better place.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about reducing our exposure to smokers’ smoke (in Jakarta) by making the places where smokers have to go more attractive.
DeleteWise question: Seeing as our leaders are humans too, don’t they have just as much trouble meaning with the subjectivity of their views as the rest of us do?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Since humans have subjective views and they cannot identify between the true and the false values, we all should have a responsible leaders to fight our humanity issues towards the elites.” Mine: “Since humans have subjective views and they cannot identify the differences between the true and the false values, we should choose responsible leaders to fight for issues of humanity with the elites.” (Have I understood you correctly.)
The first one, if I could change anything to my house, I would probably have a big backyard that a change into a basketball course and a swimming pool. Not only that, I want the design of the house with a theme of Japan, which is bamboo's, white sliding doors, and have lots of tables with no chair so you must sit down on the floor. And because my favorite movie is home alone, so my house must have a secret door that leads into my bedroom.
ReplyDeleteFor the next one, if I could change my city where I live, I would change it to somewhere colder than Jakarta, perhaps Toronto, Canada. Not only that, they have snow there, but my beloved basketball team, which is the Toronto Raptors, originate from there. Also, in Toronto, they have lots of skyscrapers and high-rise buildings.
The third one, if I could change my country where I live, as the previous wish, it would be pretty sick to live in Canada. Just imagine how glorious Canada is. For example, they have free health care, everyone there is so friendly, they have super fast internet connection, and it just an all and all wonderful country.
For my fourth and last wish, If I could change something about this world. I would want the USA to disappear into thin air. I had just enough about the USA. For example, the people in the USA sometime don't use their minds correctly. Not only that, if the USA doesn't exist, the world probably already at peace now. Oh yeah, and don't forget about the current president of the USA, Donald Trump.
Most interesting wish: The one I like is the one about something I think I’d better not comment on because I probably need to remain neutral, so I am not going to tell you which one I like and I’ll just leave it to you to guess.
DeleteWise question: If you feel the need to have a big backyard and change it into a basketball court and a swimming pool, why not kill two birds with one stone and take up water polo?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Not only that, I want the design of the house with a theme of Japan, which is bamboo's, white sliding doors, and have lots of tables with no chair so you must sit down on the floor.” Mine: “Not only that, I also want the design of the house to have a Japanese theme, which would be white, bamboo, sliding doors, and lots of tables with no chairs so that you must sit on the floor.”
My first wish to change the house I live in is I want my bedroom to have a roof that can be changed into a glass roof at night so that I can see the stars and moon clearly. I want to control my house roof with remote control.
ReplyDeleteMy second wish to change one thing about Yogyakarta is that I want Yogyakarta to have bigger streets and more comfortable sidewalks. Therefore, the locals and tourists will be more comfortable to stroll around Yogyakarta because we do not have to be stuck in a jam for long. I want Yogyakarta to have comfortable sidewalks so that there will be less pollution because I believe that there will be more people who choose to walk for near destinations.
My third wish to change one thing about Indonesia is that I want Indonesia to make use of our natural resources better and wiser. It is because we are very rich in natural resources, but we are still losing from other countries that may not have natural resources as good as ours. That's because of human beings. In short, I want Indonesia citizens and government to be wise and smart in using our natural resources.
My fourth wish to change one thing about the world is to stop wars and make everyone live in harmony with each other so that our earth will be a better place.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about making better use of the nation’s natural resources.
DeleteWise question: Don’t you think it will take more than “comfortable sidewalks” to tempt the car owners of Yogyakarta to leave theur vehicles behind and walk around the city’s streets?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “My Third wish to change one thing about Indonesia is that I want Indonesia to make use of our natural resources better and wiser. It is because we are very rich in natural resources, but we are still losing from other countries that may not have natural resources as good as ours.” Mine: “My Third wish is to change one thing about Indonesia. What I want is for the country to make use of our natural resources in a better and wiser way. This is because, although we are very rich in natural resources, we are still behind other countries that may not have natural resources as good as ours.”
the changes that i would make to the house i live in is that i would make it more modernised and with more technology. I would like to have a house like Tony Stark’s house where the technology is really advanced and I can make whatever I want with it; the iron man suit. I would wish that the city I live in would have a great sight-seeing view just like the ones in New Zealand where people can relax just by looking at the view. By having a good sight-seeing view it could attract more tourists and increase the economy of the city I live in. The changes I would make to my country is to have 4 seasons which are spring, summer, autumn and winter. I want to experience all the seasons because I think that each one of them has its own beauty. The weather would also be better for people as we don’t have to deal with rainy and sunny seasons only. For the fourth wish, which is the change that I would do to the world is that I wish, there is no conflict and racism between one another. By this, it could make a peaceful world for everyone and there are no wars. Every disagreement would be resolved nicely.
ReplyDeleteCapital letters!
DeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about, presumably, passing a law that creates four seasons because each one of them has its own beauty.
Wise question: What about the view looking north from the hills south east of Yogyakarta?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “For the Fourth wish, which is the change that I would do to the world is that I wish, there is no conflict and racism between one another. By this, it could make a peaceful world for everyone and there are no wars.” Mine: “As my Fourth wish, I would change the world so there would be no conflict and racism causing problems between people. In this way, we could make a peaceful world for everyone and there would be no wars.”
I wake up in the morning realizing that I have a new and well-improved bedroom that has its own bathroom. I then proceed happily to the kitchen and continue on my day. On a Monday evening, I decided to go out and hang out with some of my friends, I left my house at around five and expected heavy traffic in the direction that I was going towards which I surprisingly did not find. As I arrived at the parking lot, I noticed a change in the behavior of the people around me, as a lot of Indonesian's has a tendency to litter, people around me walked a few meters ahead to the trash bin and throw it away, creating a whole new clean environment that was wat more comfortable to be in. After walking into the cafe, one of the televisions in there is set on the news channel, then and there I saw, the protests about environmental problems have reached its goal which is the unbelievable agreement across government agencies across the world to dedicate a steep change to creating a sustainable society for the environment for it to be a better place for all.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: You found an interesting way to talk about your four wishes without once mentioning the word “wish”!
DeleteWise question:
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “I saw, the protests about environmental problems have reached its goal which is the unbelievable agreement across government agencies across the world to dedicate a steep change to creating a sustainable society for the environment for it to be a better place for all.” Mine: “I saw that the protests about environmental problems had achieved their goal which was the existence of an unbelievable agreement between government agencies across the world to commit to rapid changse to create a sustainable society in terms of the environment in order to make it a better place for all.”
I hope I dont have to sell my soul to the devil or some sort, but I guess some wishes wont hurt. I'll probably just wish my house transforms to Richie Rich's mansion (With the McDonalds, Roller Coaster, etc). Then I would sell the mansion, probably buy a plot of land to build a house exactly like my current house is. Then I get to keep a couple millions of dollars in my bank from selling the mansion, so thats handy. For my City that I live in, which is Jakarta, I just wish it have better city planning overall. More effective roads so theres less traffic, more big pedestrians to walk comfortably on, more public transport, add a lot of trees everywhere, and also organize the fiber optic cabling (or better to move them below the ground). For Indonesia, I wish the infrastructure is build equally, all the way from Sumatra to Papua. But it should be built without damaging the environment, for the good of the people, and without creating more debt. For the world, I wish we are all ruled by one honest, transparent, fair, utopian government that knows whats the best for earth and its inhabitant.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about not having to sell your soul to the Devil! Aside from that, I like your wish for your country.
DeleteWise question: The first wish you make (about your house) seems to me to be an elaborate scheme for making a lot of money (profit) out of the wish.
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “For Indonesia, I wish the infrastructure is build equally, all the way from Sumatra to Papua. But it should be built without damaging the environment, for the good of the people, and without creating more debt.” Mine: “For Indonesia, I wish the infrastructure would be built evenly, all the way from Sumatra to Papua. But this should be done without damaging the environment, for the good of the people, and without creating more debt.
First of all, I think I’m quite pleased with how my household looks right now. It’s comfy, it got plenty of spaces, and the garden looks beautiful. However, if I could change one thing, it would be replacing my current piano with a grand piano since my old upright piano sounds a bit out of tune.
ReplyDeleteIf I could change one thing about my city, Yogyakarta, then the size of the roads is my only concern. I think the roads are pretty small compared to other cities in Java, and it already looks cramped as the number of buildings keeps increasing.
My third wish would be a bit controversial, I’d say. However, I wish some Indonesian citizens can accept differences in terms of cultures and religions. They should respect each other’s beliefs and live side by side in peace. I wish, there will be a day for some of the Indonesian citizens, to finally realise that they need to mind their own business, before they judge someone else.
The main issue in the world right now is COVID-19. I wish this pandemic will end soon because I’ve seen many people suffer because of it, in terms of health and economic impacts. Lots of people refused to follow the health protocol and it is indeed devastating to see. My parents are doctors and I know they risked their lives during this pandemic. One time, my dad’s patient got a positive result by using the rapid test. He was very stressed and he won’t let us go near him. Thank god, his patient got a negative result by using the swab test, the more accurate one.
Correction by Laetisya:
Delete"he won’t let us go near him" = "he wouldn’t let us go near him".
And now me:
Most interesting wish: I like the one about religious toleration and people living alongside each other and leaving each other alone.
Wise question: Are you sure the main issue in the world right now is COVID-19? How about this: “The main news story in the world right now is COVID-19”.
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “I think I’m quite pleased with how my household looks right now. It’s comfy, it got plenty of spaces, and the garden looks beautiful.” Mine: “I think I’m quite pleased with how my house looks right now. It’s comfy; it got plenty of spaces; and the garden looks beautiful.” [Note: “house” and “household” mean different things.]
With my first wish I would turn my house into a manor as grand and glamorously furnished as possible with a huge managed garden complete with all extensions and fancy rooms all over, including but not limited to, a pool, a stable, and a greenhouse. The kind of stuff you would imagine in a rich Victorian home you see in England belonging to earls and dukes. Either that or a private beachfront resort, mountainous retreat, snowy cabin, or even just a contemporary home (I’ll have you know that I am not very demanding most of the time, mostly due to the capital in my bank account). With my second wish I would either change the city to be very modern and streamlined for better quality of life, or very historic with grand architecture and its other beautiful sights. Or you know, I could just live in the countryside or some private island. With my third wish I would change my country to be in a temperate climate because as much as people always talk about holiday resorts in the Bahamas or the Maldives or some other tropical getaway, I have always yearned to experience the four seasons and the beauty that comes with each passing one. Sure I guess you could argue that being in London where it rains every time with winds that send chills up your spine every other day isn’t exactly fun whereas bright sunny beaches are, is simply a matter of perspective. In my case as I have yet to experience the four seasons, it is something I would very much like to do. That and also the fact that in tropical climates there are tons of mosquitoes and I have hay fever literally every single day, whereas when I spent the winter in Russia my allergy simply vanished and I could enjoy fresh air and normal breathing for once, is also a plus. For my fourth and final wish, I would simply make the world a better place for everyone and everything, be it a creature or even just a simple plant. Not mosquitoes though, I hate them.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about the house you would like to live in, although your suggestion that you are “not very demanding” is not so persuasive!
DeleteWise question: You do realize, don’t you, that places with four seasons also have annoying bugs – like mosquitoes – that you will end hating?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Sure I guess you could argue that being in London where it rains every time with winds that send chills up your spine every other day isn’t exactly fun whereas bright sunny beaches are, is simply a matter of perspective.” Mine: “Sure, I guess you could argue that being in London, where it rains constantly with winds that send chills up your spine every other day, isn’t exactly fun whereas bright sunny beaches are; it is simply a matter of perspective.”
ReplyDeleteIf I wake up in the morning and I suddenly find a genie that will grant my four wishes. I will ask to have a Hogwarts decoration house. I want to have the Gryffindor common room as my main bedroom and I want to have the great hall as my dining room. I also wanted Dumbledore’s room as my work space. I want my city to have festival on each popular movie or drama series birthday. For example if today is the birthday of Doraemon, then there should be a Doraemon theme festival, selling the foods that are in the series and also having the dress code of 22 centuries. It would look cute and also fun to try. But the night market are not limited to only animated series that are from Asia it could also be the western series. I would love to have a country without traffic everyday, where people tend to use public transport like MRT, Bus, or subway like Japan. It will decrease the air pollution and traffic jam. It would help people to communicate to each others too. For my last wish that I hope can be about myself but sadly it should be about the world, I wish for no global warming where we can’t find holes in the atmosphere. I want to see polar bear running freely at the northern pole without worrying their ice would melt. That’s my wish and I really hope the last one will come true
Most interesting wish: I like the one about having your house decorated like “Hogwarts” because I like the sound of it but, to be honest, having never watched a Harry Potter film, I don’t actually know what a house decorated like “Hogwarts” would look like.
DeleteWise question: While, to polar bears, running freely is important – and it’s good that them being able to run freely is important to us, I am pretty certain it’s only us who are worrying about the fact the ice is melting, agreed?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “I would love to have a country without traffic everyday, where people tend to use public transport like MRT, Bus, or subway like Japan. It will decrease the air pollution and traffic jam.” Mine: “I would love to live in a country without traffic problems every day: where people tended to use public transport like MRT, buses, or the subway like they do in Japan. It would decrease the air pollution and traffic congestion.”
If a genie came to my doorstep, one of my very first wishes I would make to my house would be to add the top of the line driving simulator in my room. I would design it in a way so that it would feel as close to racing as possible with the G-force simulation as well as the feedback from the telemetry. I would be sure that I am one step closer to be getting a seat in professional racing.
ReplyDeleteIn terms of my second wish, I would love to see BSD build a new attraction. For the longest time, BSD's attractions have mostly consisted of malls and shopping centers. It would be refreshing to see something different other than just malls. In terms of Indonesia as a whole, one thing I would like to change would be the distribution of the population in certain regions. Overpopulation on Java island has been a big issue and it has been the cause of many problems since then. It is the main reason why some areas are not as developed as others. By having this solution, I strongly believe that we could reduce the inequality gap.
My last wish for the world would come in the form of a treaty that would end the war for oil and push our development towards a non-renewable resource. This goal would not only help our future in terms of greener energy but also it would reduce the casualty of innocent people who are in the middle of it.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about having something to do when you go out in BSD city other than hanging out at the mall.
DeleteWise question: How would you persuade people in Java to accept being “redistributed” to other regions? Wasn’t that tried before: transmigration?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “If a genie came to my doorstep, one of my very first wishes I would make…”. Mine: “If a genie came to my doorstep, one of the very First wishes I would make…” or “If a genie came to my doorstep, one of my very First wishes would be…”
If I had the ability to change the contents of my house in an instance, I would definitely change the field I have in my house with an indoor basketball gym, complete with wooden court similar to the courts in the NBA. Although I have a regular basketball court in my house, an indoor sports gym elevates the basketball playing experience to another level, as if I am a professional basketball player.
ReplyDeleteI live in Jakarta, so there are a lot of things to consider when we have the ability to change one thing in it. As a ‘true’ Jakartan, one thing on my city that I would like to change is, definitely, the traffic. I don’t really know how it would be achieved nor do I really think it is possible, but if I am able to live in a city with tolerable traffic, my life would become more productive and efficient since I do not have to waste 2 hours of my life trying to get anywhere in town.
One thing I would change about my country is absolutely and definitely the centralization of government and development in Jakarta and its surrounding cities. I believe Indonesia is a large nation with a diverse set of rich culture but most of it has not been exposed or shown to the world. In fact, there are still many areas in Indonesia that needs aid from the government. I believe if I had the chance to change one thing about my country, I would change the government and economy planning from a central to decentralized structure.
If I have the ability to change one thing about the world right now, then I believe that there could only be one correct answer to that statement; to end the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about decentralizing government planning although, as far as I am aware, this is already a government policy.
DeleteWise question: Do you have enough friends who are good enough at basketball to make good use of a proper NBA-style court?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “As a ‘true’ Jakartan, one thing on my city that I would like to change is, definitely, the traffic. I don’t really know how it would be achieved nor do I really think it is possible, but if I am able to live in a city with tolerable traffic, my life would become more productive and efficient since I do not have to waste 2 hours of my life trying to get anywhere in town.” Mine: “As a ‘true’ Jakartan, one thing about my city that I would definitely like to change is the traffic. I don’t really know how it would be achieved nor do I really think it is possible, but if I were able to live in a city with tolerable traffic, my life would become more productive and efficient since I would not have to waste two hours trying to get anywhere in Jakarta.
Waking up to a sensation that guarantees four specific wishes feels exhilarating. Considering my life at the moment, I feel rather bored at the moment. So knowing that I have the power over the fates of many will make my life rather interesting. To be exact, having the ability to either turn into the next Joan of Arc or Hitler makes me feel a mixture of bliss and gloom. Some of my peers would make wishes according to the responsibilities that they currently have. However, I am not a nice person. I want to be entertained by my actions. So if my wishes were to go against the norms, do not be alarmed as they are mere fantasies within my mind.
ReplyDeleteThe first wish has two points which are to change something in my house and that the change has to be immediate. What first comes to mind is a room makeover. I want my whole room to be like the presidential suites of five-star hotels. My current bedroom is small to the point of it being claustrophobic. Therefore I want to humour myself by having a large room filled with all sorts of things to fiddle around with when I am bored. I mean who on Earth wouldn’t want to relax in a jacuzzi while watching the latest Gintama episodes on a 105-inch television? I do.
The second wish would be to change one thing about the city I happen to live in; Yogyakarta. There is one thing that I need but is sadly not yet present here, and that is Muji. Muji is a Japanese brand that sells an assortment of home necessities, one of them being stationeries. I am a big fan of their selection of binders and papers. I am even using some of their products at the moment. I drool as I watch Youtube videos about Muji stationery hauls. I envy those who live in locations that have Muji stores. If snapping my fingers would erect Muji stores in mere seconds, then I’m delighted to create symphonies by doing so.
The third wish that I would make is definitely for lazy people like me and not for the sake of progressing Indonesia. I want Indonesia to have the best public transport system in the world. I want that transport system to be able to transport me from Nabire to Batam in only a few hours at most. MRTs, buses, doubledeckers; you name it, I want it. Getting around places in Indonesia is a huge hassle, so by having an MRT system that defeats Japan’s Shinkansen or a public bus system more efficient than Singapore’s would bring joy to me.
The last wish that I want to make would be to pull off a Thanos and do massive genocide by exterminating half of the human population in this world. It sounds inhumane but if you think about it, we humans are intolerant towards our beloved Earth and all of the other inhabitants living in it. I want to be able to observe the actions of humanity after a sudden massive genocide. Would they go back to their typical disruptive paths and destroy Earth once and for all? Or would they strive to become better beings for every single inhabitant living on this Earth?
Writing down my imaginations is personally a fun thing to do. I would be glad to participate in doing more writing exercises similar to this one.
This is a sweet and sour menu of magical wishes, if ever I saw one.
DeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about Indonesia having mass rapid transport systems. It would have all kinds of knock-on effects (aside from simply making you able to continue with you lazy ways).
Wise question: Wouldn’t population control measures be more human than “pulling off a Thanos”?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “I want Indonesia to have the best public transport system in the world. I want that transport system to be able to transport me from Nabire to Batam in only a few hours at most.” Mine: “I want Indonesia to have the best public transport system in the world. I want that system to be able to convey me from Nabire to Batam in only a few hours at most.”
If I woke up in the morning with the ability to make four of my own wishes to come true, I would honestly wish for simple things in life. Firstly, I would like to have a house with a well-built basketball court that I can play in at anytime on the day, which means that it will have a shelter over it to cover myself from the sun or rain when I play. I would like to have this basketball court because as I said, I love to play basketball, and with a well-built basketball court at home, I can invite my friends over to play basketball with me. At the same time, I can exercise too. For my second wish, I would like my city of Solo to bring in more fancy restaurants into the city. I have a hard time finding nice restaurants in the city due to its economic position and its small size. For example, there is no well-known Japanese or Korean restaurant here in Solo, and that makes me sad. My third wish for my country is that there will be a better government structure, which includes better laws. One of the problems that is obvious now is the problem of corruption. Corruption has caused the money that could’ve been used for infrastructures to be used for personal use of the government officials, which is a huge loss for the people of Indonesia. Another reason I want stricter laws is that due to the very vague laws in Indonesia, illegal deforestations and poaching is still a critical issue here in Indonesia, thus ruining the natural ecosystem of our country. As for my last wish, I would like the whole world to be free of COVID-19 and racism. We can all agree that COVID-19 and racism is ruining our world that we live in now. We are obstructed from our daily work, school and even fun. This is such an inconvenience that needs to be addressed as soon as possible. Another problem is racism, which is also causing a lot of chaos all over the world. I wish this whole world is a whole better place for everyone to live in.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about eradicating corruption.
DeleteWise question: You said “I wish this whole world were a whole better place for everyone to live in.” (I have edited it slightly.) The only two things you mentioned were getting rid of bothCOVID-19 and racism. It would be interesting one day to hear what other policies you would propose to make the world a better place.
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “I would like to have a house with a well-built basketball court that I can play in at anytime on the day, which means that it will have a shelter over it to cover myself from the sun or rain when I play. I would like to have this basketball court because as I said, I love to play basketball, and with a well-built basketball court at home, I can invite my friends over to play basketball with me.” Mine: “I would like to have a house with a well-built basketball court that I can play on at anytime of the day, which means that it would have a roof over it to protect me from the sun or rain when I use it. I would like to have this court so I could invite my friends over to play basketball with me.”
This is the type of topic that we people like to discuss to take our mind off the harsh fact of reality. I have never really thought about topic like this before, but let’s give it a go. If I was to make some to change the house that I’m living in right now. I would add a bed room for my sister and a garage where I can fit in our two cars. As it stands, it could only fit one car, so I have to park the other one outside. So it got dirty whenever it rains. So if I could park both of the cars inside, I wouldn’t have my mum nagging me to cleaned it every weeks.
ReplyDeleteFor the second one if I were to change just one thing about my city is to change the layout of the city. I live in Semarang which is the capital of Central Java. Even though it’s a capital city, Semarang is a pretty small. I would dare to say its smaller than Jogja. Being a capital city it and having not a lot of grounds to cover, it’s a shame that Semarang couldn’t capitalize that and put more thoughts to the city planning.
As for the third wish, if I were to change anything about Indonesia. I would change the mindset of Indonesian. I would love to go to more details on this, but the bottom line is Indonesian need to change. Because there is no point of having a civilised, advanced, and wealthy county if the people couldn’t make a good use out of it.
Last but not least, if were to change something about the world. How about a somewhat decent president for USA? Is that too much to ask?
Most interesting wish: I like the one about [DELETED] because I agree about [DELETED] being [DELETED] and the [DELETED] would be much better without [DELETED].
DeleteWise question: Did you know that the city of Semarang (approx. 1.5 million) is significantly bigger than the city of Yogyakarta (approx. 450,000) but that Semarang “metropolitian area” is 3.2 million to Yogyakarta’s 4 million?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “If I was to make some to change the house that I’m living in right now. I would add a bed room for my sister and a garage where I can fit in our two cars.” Mine: “If I was to make some changes to the house that I’m living in right now, I would add a bedroom for my sister and a garage where I could fit in our two cars.”
I love my current house so much as it exceeds enough for me. Whereas, If I could change the appearance of my house I would prefer a simple, comfortable, but spacious house. Unlike other people who want a mansion, I'm dreaming about a cozy cottage located near a serene lake. Beside lake, my ideal house is a house that is surrounded by natural landscapes such as trees, flowers, mountains, or hills. I want it to have a lot of open spaces like balcony, terrace, or simply by putting glass walls. On the terrace, I can relax my mind, sipping a cup of hot chocolate while listening to the sound of the lake. In addition, I want my house to be built from natural elements and stone materials that are well presented to create a balanced whole.
ReplyDeleteMy dream house would be outside the city where I can find true peace and happiness. Therefore, I choose Zurich suburb to be my hometown. Zurich has a lot of beautiful landscapes, especially lakes. Zurich is located in Switzerland, one of the most peaceful countries in the world. Most importantly, I want my family to be there with me as they are the true definition of home for me. No matter where I am, If I was with my family, I called it home.
If I could fix something about the world it would be the elimination of every disease. I have seen a lot of people, including my loved ones, suffering and getting sick. It hurts me. Thus, I don’t want disease to exist in this world including virus, bad bacteria, or dangerous fungus. People will surely be happier if they don’t need to worry about disease anymore.
That's all my wishes, I'm really happy that I can finally write about this, looking forward for more writing task like this!
Most interesting wish: I like the one about living in the suburbs or on the outskirts of Zurich.
DeleteWise question: Your ideal house would be located in a place surrounded by natural landscapes such as trees, flowers, mountains, and hills and yet, you also talk about your ideal location being in the suburb of a European capital city. (Is Zurich the capital or is it Geneva? I forget.) You can’t have it both ways. (Or maybe, in a piece of writing like this, you can.)
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “I love my current house so much as it exceeds enough for me. Whereas, If I could change the appearance of my house I would prefer a simple, comfortable, but spacious house.” Mine: “I love my current house so much as it is more than good enough for me. However, If I could change the appearance of my house, I would prefer one that was a simple, comfortable, and spacious.”
The first wish is to have a soundproof room. having those just feels super good, I can do filming although I'm no expert at it. I can also play games with my personal computer and not bother anyone especially my parents for being too loud cause I'm usually play online games with my friends and whenever I talk to them, my parent thinks that I'm super loud.
ReplyDeleteThe second wish is to never have any traffics anywhere and anytime in the city, the traffic is always fine on the normal hour, but when the rush hour comes, it will take at least 30 minutes to get to the location where it usually only takes you 10 minutes to get there, its not as crowded as Jakarta but it's annoying to be stuck on a traffic jam.
For the third wish, I would like people nor government to not be ignorant from the day one by the fact that covid-19 is an actual treat to the whole humanity. When the covid-19 became a big news, many countries were worried that the virus will spread to their country, and so they are enforcing a rule related to covid-19. Indonesia however thinks differently, they think that since the virus hasn't spread to Indonesia, they could just ignore the problem and proceed normally instead of having quarantine and restricting the entry of tourist that could come to Indonesia. And when it spread, both the government and many people don't take it seriously for the first few week. Now, over 59 countries restrict entry of Indonesian and there has been over 190,000 confirm cases.
For the fourth wish, I would like people from around the world to be tolerant with others. many claim to be tolerant but they were doing the opposite thing of being tolerant. Having such big egos and not knowing when to drop it is just bad for everyone
Most interesting wish: I like the one about… not about reducing traffic congestion – not about eradicating government ignorance – not about spreading tolerance around the world… NO! I like the one about you playing loud games on your PC in a soundproof room!
DeleteWise question: You feel dissatisfied with your government’s reaction to Covid-19; I wonder how you would feel if you lived in the U.K. (630 deaths per million), U.S. (620 deaths per million), or Brazil U.K. (680 deaths per million); Indonesia’s mortality rate is only 22 deaths per million.
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “For the Fourth wish, I would like people from around the world to be tolerant with others. many claim to be tolerant but they were doing the opposite thing of being tolerant. Having such big egos and not knowing when to drop it is just bad for everyone.” Mine: “For the Fourth wish, I would like people around the world to be tolerant of others. Many claim they are but the way they behave is the opposite of being tolerant. Having such big egos and not knowing when to drop it is just bad for everyone.”
This is a fun, yet hard, question to answer on the short period of time that Mr. Coen has given. For the first wish, I would want, like I assume most of you do, to expand my house. I want my house to be a safe haven where I can bury myself in for an apocalypse. With a complete set of library, mini zoo, garden, and loads of delicacies from all over the world. But if I can only choose one thing to change, it is to replace my parents law books to a library of every movie ever made. Which brings us to the second wish. I would want my city to have a mountain that won’t ever erupt with beautiful scenery from the top of it. Since my city is burning hot, this would also lessen the heat in the city.
ReplyDeleteFor my country I want the people to have a broader state of mind so they wouldn’t want to interfere with others business. If this can be done, the community will develop a mutual respect. I want none of those narrow-minded conservatives. And lastly for the world, I want earth to be a greener and safer place for all living things. Where Marine life won’t have to suffer from our plastic waste anymore and we won’t have to worry about climate change.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about plastic waste in the oceans.
DeleteI also like the fact you referred to me as “Mr. Coen”; of course, “Adrian” is also fine.
Wise question: Do you think the close proximity of a volcano affects the average temperatures in a city?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “For the First wish, I would want, like I assume most of you do, to expand my house. I want my house to be a safe haven where I can bury myself in for an apocalypse. With a complete set of library, mini zoo, garden, and loads of delicacies from all over the world.” Mine: “For the First wish, I would want, like I assume most of you do, to expand my house. I would want it to be a safe haven where I could bury myself if there were an apocalypse. With a fully-stocked library, a mini zoo, a garden, and loads of delicacies from all over the world.”
For me, the first wish that I would fulfill is to improve the quality of the building materials inside of my house as for now, there have been many problems such as water leaking down through the ceiling. Aside from that, I would also like to have one more room that is available for use for my other sibling as, for now, she has to sleep and be in one room with my mother. However, I would prioritise more on the wish of having one more room for my sibling as I feel like she really needs it, especially when having to study for online school. The second wish that I would use about the city is to strengthen the policy about traffic lights and to give heavier consequences for those breaking it. There are two traffic lights near the place that I live in, and it is not surprising for me to see people making turns that are not allowed, even though there has already been a sign given to not do it. Meanwhile, when I'm talking about a wider area which is the country, my wishes will be different and will be less likely to focus on policy of things such as traffic lights. The one wish I want the country to change is related to the way in which we, as a country, try to survive the pandemic. I still think that the people with power, such as the government, still have not emphasised enough on the importance of this virus and how easy it is to spread widely from one area to another. As a result, I want the country to apply a new rule that will really restrict people who go out of their houses just for the sake of meeting their friends or for other entertainment. By doing this, the statistics of the virus in the next few months will not grow higher each day and therefore we can enjoy the freedom of going outside. Further into a wider discussion, the one thing that i wish to change about the world is to clear out all forms of racism. Not only in America does this exist, but other countries like China also treat different races differently. I think what is missing from these racist attitudes and mindsets is that they don't know the fact that we are all the same human beings as that only they judge the behavior of another by their skin or what they believe in. With racism being ended, the world will be a much better and peaceful place to live in.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about sorting out the sleeping arrangements for your sister; what an excellent brother you are.
DeleteWise question: You talk about racism in America (indeed, everybody does) so it’s interesting that you also mention China in this regard; what country’s do you think have the least problem with racism?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “I want the country to apply a new rule that will really restrict people who go out of their houses just for the sake of meeting their friends or for other entertainment. By doing this, the statistics of the virus in the next few months will not grow higher each day and therefore we can enjoy the freedom of going outside.” Mine: “I want the country to apply a new rule that would really restrict people who go out of their houses just for the sake of meeting their friends or for other entertainment. By doing this, the grim statistics surounding the virus in the next few months would not grow higher each day and therefore we would be able to enjoy the freedom of go outside.”
The first wish is to change my house to a penthouse. Penthouse is an expensive apartment with luxury feature. I want my penthouse with a city view like New York type of penthouse. The interior would be minimalist it will be simple, neat, and elegant. I will have a small place so I don’t want to add many furniture in my house.
ReplyDeleteThe second wish is I want my city to be more organized. I live in Jakarta it is very crowded and sometimes feel very suffocating. The Urban and Regional Planning are still not very well structured.
The third wish is for the people in my country. I wish they care more about education. Most of Indonesian only have 12 years of education. They should consider more about going to university. Therefore, Indonesian has better quality of people to build this country in the future.
The fourth wish for this world is I hope there is no more intolerance or racism toward each other. I want people in this world to view all human the same but still respecting their background. The world will change If everyone in this world treat everything with kindness.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about having more urban and regional planning for the capital city although it would have been interesting to hear a few specific ideas about making the city “more organized”.
DeleteWise question: I think your first wish is to move out of your current house and live in New York, instead. Right?
‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Most of Indonesian only have 12 years of education. They should consider more about going to university. Therefore, Indonesian has better quality of people to build this country in the future.” Mine: “Most Indonesians only have 12 years of education. More people should consider going to university. Therefore, Indonesian would have people with better qualifications to build this country in the future.”