You wake up one morning and you find you can somehow have four wishes granted. The first one is some change to the house you live in that you can make instantly. Similarly, with the second wish you can change one thing about the city in which you live. Then, with the third one, you can change one thing about the country where you live and then use a fourth wish to change something about the world. With wishes number two, three and four you cannot just give people money; you have to be more creative than that! Briefly describe what your four wishes would be.
[Approx. 200 words/30 minutes' writing.]
For my first wish, I would wish for a re-decoration of the interior design in my house. This will refurbish my house’s interior into a more minimalist aesthetic. The renovation will include changes in furniture into simpler ones, color palette (muted and neutral tones) and the materials my house is made up of (glass, concrete, wood, and stones, as opposed to just bricks and cement). For my second wish, I would wish for BSD City to have less traffic. The roads and infrastructure are already blooming beautifully just as I like it, however this is attracting more and more visitors to the city, and traffic is catching up to Jakarta’s. With this wish, all individuals who are not residents of my city will instead be redirected to Jakarta so that everyone there can suffer more. For my third wish, I wish that there would be an absolute elimination of corrupt politicians and government officials from their jobs via imprisonment for a minimum of ten years, so that the honest workers can take over and ensure a more efficient development of the country. For my final wish, I wish that there would be zero discrimination and judgement among individuals anywhere in the world, so that everyone can be authentic or be who they are and be celebrated or appreciated for it. Yes, taking the weight off of so many shoulders there.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about eliminating the influence of corrupt politicians and government officials through their imprisonment for a minimum of ten years.
DeletePedantic question: “With this wish, all individuals who are not residents of my city will instead be redirected to Jakarta so that everyone there can suffer more.” What if people in Jakarta are wishing the same thing… but about BSD City?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “For my final wish, I wish that there would be zero discrimination and judgement among individuals anywhere in the world, so that everyone can be authentic or be who they are and be celebrated or appreciated for it.” Mine: “For my final wish, I wish that there would be zero discrimination and judgementalism against individuals anywhere in the world, so that everyone could be authentic or just be who they are and be celebrated or appreciated for it.”
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “This will refurbish my house’s interior into a more minimalist aesthetic. The renovation will include changes in furniture into simpler ones, color palette (muted and neutral tones) and the materials my house is made up of (glass, concrete, wood, and stones, as opposed to just bricks and cement).” Mine: “This would refurbish my house’s interior with a more minimalist aesthetic. The renovation would include changing the furniture into simpler styles and muted and neutral colors and the materials that my house is made up of would be changed to glass, concrete, wood, and stone, as opposed to just bricks and cement.”
The first wish, I want to have a one-floor house. Now I have a two-floor house, when I was a child, I have a dream to live in a two-floor house. But now, I think the two-floor house is exhausting. Because, if you forgot something upstairs and you are downstairs, you have to go up and take the thing. So for my first wish, I want to have a broad one-floor house. The second wish, if I can change my city, I want to put the wire underground. So there will be no power pole around the street. That way, I think the city will become neater and cleaner. The third wish, if I can change my country. I want to change the Muslim people mindset in Indonesia to become more tolerant and not thinking that Islam is superior in Indonesia. because, at the moment I think the problem with Muslims in Indonesia is they think they are superior become worrying. Like, Christian in Indonesia are struggling to build a church, some Muslim organizations force restaurants to closed during Ramadhan, and some Muslims force to stop a praying section of certain religions. That is my wish for my country. The last wish, I hope there is no more problem with poverty and starvation. I hope in African countries they will have access to clean water and edible food.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about burying the wires and cables around the city under the ground so as to eliminate power poles and pylons in the streets.
DeletePedantic question: ‘The last wish, I hope there is no more problem with poverty and starvation. I hope in African countries they will have access to clean water and edible food.” What specific things you could wish for that might contribute to this outcome? I once heard someone say: build good highways everywhere.
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “Some Muslim organizations force restaurants to closed during Ramadhan”. Mine: Some Muslim organizations force restaurants to close during Ramadhan”.
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “Now I have a two-floor house, when I was a child, I have a dream to live in a two-floor house.” Mine: “Nowadays, I have a two-storey house, but when I was a child, I had a dream to live in a two-storey house.”
This is an interesting one. I used to have a dream about having a genie that would grant my wishes just like in the movie Aladdin. Fortunately, Mr. Adrian brought back this topic for me to write a comment about. The first wishes would be installing a Racing Simulator in my room. This includes a steering wheel alongside with the pedals and racing bucket seats. It would also need to have an ultra-wide screen to give the full immersion feel.
ReplyDeleteSecondly, I would wish for a very clean and a long stretch of beach, just like the ones in Bali. I don’t really care if it doesn’t have waves for people to surf on. I just want a clean beach that I can step on and to sit down while enjoying the sunset. For the third wish, I would change the climate of Indonesia. I’m sick of these dry and wet seasons. I want Indonesia to have four seasons, so I can finally use my winter jacket that’s been sitting inside my drawer for the last two years.
Last but not the least, I would want the world to end its global warming. These extreme weathers are getting out of hand. Especially from what happened to San Francisco recently, as well as the wide spread of fire in the early year at Australia.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about you having a long stretch of clean beach that you could walk on and to sit down on while enjoying the sunset.
DeletePedantic question: “I’m sick of these dry and wet seasons. I want Indonesia to have four seasons, so I can finally use my winter jacket that’s been sitting inside my drawer for the last two years.” You would change the climate that supports the population density of the Indonesian archipelago and sustains the lives of nearly 300 million people just so you could use a jacket that’s going to waste in a drawer?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “These extreme weathers are getting out of hand. Especially from what happened to San Francisco recently, as well as the wide spread of fire in the early year at Australia.” Mine: “These extreme weathers are getting out of hand especially what’s been happening to San Francisco recently, as well as the widespread fires in Australia in the early part of the year.”
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “Fortunately, Mr. Adrian brought back this topic for me to write a comment about.” Mine [1]: “Fortunately, Adrian brought back this topic for me to write a comment about.” Mine [2]: “Fortunately, Mr. Coen brought back this topic for me to write a comment about.”
If I wake up one morning and find out that I can have four wishes granted, the first one would definitely be to add a cinema to my house. This is because movies and music are the only common ground my family and I share. Having a cinema would mean that my family and I can get to bond together and actually have a place, other than the living room, where we can all just spend time and enjoy what we’re doing. If I were to change one thing about Jakarta it would be for the city to have more parks. Jakarta does have several parks but very little of them are actually taken care of (such as Ecopark and Hutan Kota GBK). Having parks won’t only be beneficial to the environment but it’ll also become the place where people can get together to talk, exercise, and just have fun in general. One thing that I’d change about Indonesia is for the government to make/help small businesses so that the unemployment rates in the country can decrease. Through this, hopefully all citizens would be able to have a source of income and fulfill their basic human needs. A wish I have for the world is for everyone to get an education because in many parts of the world getting basic education heavily depends on your social class. I wish that everyone, regardless of their social standing, gets an education so that they’ll be equipped to reach their goals in the future and live their life to the fullest.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about people around the world getting an education so that they’ll be equipped to reach their goals in the future.
DeletePedantic question: “This is because movies and music are the only common ground my family and I share.” Might you and your family just end up fighting about which films to watch?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “Having a cinema would mean that my family and I can get to bond together and actually have a place, other than the living room, where we can all just spend time and enjoy what we’re doing.” Mine: “Having a cinema would mean that my family and I could get to bond together and actually have a place, other than the living room, where we could all just spend time and enjoy what we’re doing.”
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “Jakarta does have several parks but very little of them are actually taken care of (such as Ecopark and Hutan Kota GBK).” Mine [1]: “Jakarta does have several parks but very few of them are actually taken care of (such as Ecopark and Hutan Kota GBK).” Mine [2]: “Jakarta does have several parks but very little of this land is actually taken care of (such as Ecopark and Hutan Kota GBK).”
If someway somehow God gave me 4 wishes granted for those things. The first one I would not change any layout for my house, because my house is fine and I didn’t want it to change it at all to be honest, but if I could add a little tweak to my house, I’ll add a room for 4 of my Cats. By adding a new room for my cats I could breed them more easily, the reason that I want to breed my Cats so that I could have extra pocket money. I would not change the location of my city , because Surakarta is the coziest city in Indonesia arcoding to some article, I lived in a suburban area called Sukoharjo. I would change the air temperature though because Surakarta is freaking hot, I don’t know why, if I didn’t use the AC during the day my whole body will be covered in sweat. The 4th wishes is I just want the world hunger to be gone. Sometimes I saw some beggar on the street not asking for money but they ask for food, that just showed how desperate they are for food, if with that 4th wish I could end the world hunger I would go for that wish right away.
ReplyDelete“4 wishes… 4 of my Cats… 4th wishes…” Four wishes, four of my cats, the fourth wish.
DeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about changing the air temperature in Surakarta so you wouldn’t have to use the AC during the day.
Pedantic question: How can Surakarta be the coziest city in Indonesia if it is also so “freaking hot”?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “I would not change the location of my city , because Surakarta is the coziest city in Indonesia arcoding to some article, I lived in a suburban area called Sukoharjo.” Mine (I assume this is what you mean): “I would not change my location in Surakarta - I live in a suburb called Sukoharjo - because it is the coziest city in Indonesia according to an article I read.”
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “Sometimes I saw some beggar on the street not asking for money but they ask for food, that just showed how desperate they are for food, if with that 4th wish I could end the world hunger I would go for that wish right away.” Mine: “I have sometimes seen beggars on the street not asking for money but asking for food which just showed how desperate they were; if, with this fourth wish, I could end world hunger, I would go for that right away.”
Okay, so, first wish will be used to change my current house into my dream house. My dream house is a hexagonal house, with my room in the middle. The walls and the ceilings are made into a huge aquarium, kind of like the one in the Seaworld. I am hoping that an orca would be able to live there (maybe a baby one?? 🥺🥺), and a variety of jellyfishes. I would go into details about the rest of the house, but it’ll take very long, so this will have to do.
ReplyDeleteSecond wish, I wish that the city I’m living in can be more aesthetically pleasing. As of right now, there are piles of trash, a few old and sketchy buildings, and a lot of electrical cables hung from posts. I would really love it if all of that can just be prettied up. So, no more trash piles, more renovated buildings, and maybe an underground electrical system??
I think I’ll use the third wish to maybe get rid of toxic social constructs, like seniority, or gender inequality (although that is a problem in every part of the world). Also things like heteronormativity and homophobia. It’d be nice to live in a country where I was born and raised without having to deal with those things.
Finally, I will use the fourth wish to get rid of hatred. Hate is such a strong emotion, but it is a negative and destructive one. I just believe that the world will become a better place after hatred is erased from it. Hate is the root of a lot of crimes and getting rid of hate will make those crimes disappear with it. We will spread love and positivity more, and that’s always a good thing.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about getting rid of hatred which, as you say, is such a negative and destructive emotion.
DeletePedantic question: You used the words “heteronormativity” and “homophobia” when you explained your third wish: how do you differentiate between them?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “Second wish, I wish that the city I’m living in can be more aesthetically pleasing.” Mine: “Secondly, I wish that the city I’m living in could be more aesthetically pleasing.”
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “I just believe that the world will become a better place after hatred is erased from it. Hate is the root of a lot of crimes and getting rid of hate will make those crimes disappear with it.” Mine: “I just believe that the world would become a better place after hatred was erased from it. Hate is the root of a lot of crimes and getting rid of it would make those crimes disappear.”
One day when I wake up and I get my four wishes granted, the first wish is I want to make my house bigger with a lot of facilities that can make my life and my family easier. I want to have a big pool in my house, I want to have a gaming room with many sophisticated devices and a big screen to play with the play station or Xbox. One thing that I really want so bad is a real F1 car simulator so I can feel how is it to be inside an F1 car and to be a driver. The last thing that I want to have is I want a big and long back yard so I can set a small archery range and can practice there. The second wish is when I wake up, I want my city to have a better transportation, maybe we can have the MRT line connected, I also want my city to have a good place to gather and organize a lot of street food restaurant in one place and that place is very clean and comfortable. Another wish from me is I want Indonesia can clear all the social problems like poverty, corruption, criminals, and inequality. I hope that these problems may be gone soon. The last thing that I wish is there are no poverty in the world, there are no more war between countries, all countries can live together in peace and support each other
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about your city having a good location where a lot of street food restaurant could gather and be organized and be maintained so they were very clean and comfortable.
DeletePedantic question: “One thing that I really want so bad is a real F1 car simulator so I can feel how is it to be inside an F1 car and to be a driver.” Why not wish you had a real Formula 1 car and a track on which to drive it?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “I want to make my house bigger with a lot of facilities that can make my life and my family easier.” Mine: “I want to make my house bigger and equip it with a lot of facilities that would make me and my family’s life easier.
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “Another wish from me is I want Indonesia can clear all the social problems like poverty, corruption, criminals, and inequality.” Mine: “Another wish would be for Indonesia to be able to solve all the social problems like poverty, corruption, criminals, and inequality.”
I really like my house, but I think if I were to have one wish to change something about it, I would like for my house to have a basement. It would be such a cool place to hangout with my friends; we could play video games and have a little party of our own there.
ReplyDeleteMy second wish is targeted towards Hanoi local drivers. Please, learn how to drive properly. On countless occasions, I have seen a driver wanting to turn left when they are on the utmost right lane (and vice versa). Do you know how much that irks me? I’m usually in the middle or the right lane, so when someone next to me is trying to turn left when I want to go straight, the road rage I feel is indescribable. So please, Hanoi local drivers, pay attention to others when you’re on the road.
My third wish - although meant to change something about the country I currently live in - does not just apply to Vietnam; many Asian societies have adopted this culture/mindset. I have heard many of my Vietnamese friends talk about how they are not pretty enough. Vietnam, and like I mentioned before, many other Asian countries, have adopted female beauty norms that can impose harmful habits. You have to be skinny, your skin has to be white and clear, your stomach shouldn’t have rolls, the list can go on and on. Enough is enough. We should embrace the physical features that we are born with, we shouldn’t need to feel pressure to follow these stupid beauty norms, and we shouldn’t shame people for not fitting in.
The fourth wish is a bit tricky for me. There are so many things that need to be changed in the world. We need to eradicate systematic racism, we need to eliminate beauty norms that are dominated by Westernized beauty standards, we need to stop leaders that have disappointed us far too many times. I think the continuance of these issues is primarily stemmed from our educational system. We need to fix our educational system, we need to bring forth new, less restricting ideas so future generations can do better.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about people embracing the physical features that they are born with and not feeling pressure to conforming to certain beauty norms and feeling ashamed for not doing so.
DeletePedantic question: Are Hanoi’s drivers worse than Jakarta’s?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “There are so many things that need to be changed in the world. We need to eradicate systematic racism, we need to eliminate beauty norms that are dominated by Westernized beauty standards, we need to stop leaders that have disappointed us far too many times.” Mine (suggested punctuation): “There are so many things that need to be changed in the world: we need to eradicate systematic racism; we need to eliminate beauty norms that are dominated by Westernized beauty standards; we need to stop leaders that have disappointed us far too many times.”
Actually, I don’t want to change anything from my house. I’ve lived here for six years and I’m comfortable enough. In the other hand, my main reason is this house belongs to my parents. If they wake up in the morning sees their house in a different shape, I am quite sure they will not going to pay my college tuition again. But I will consider it as must, and i have decided to change my room and make it a little bit bigger, than it will be just perfect. In the city where I lived, there are too many residential areas. For my own health, I will remove half of it and replace it with a city park. For the third wish, I want to change Indonesian people perspective towards diversity. Our country is currently on an emergency situations, where people doesn’t respect others anymore. This could become our main problems in the future. There are possibilities that some people will separate themselves according to their own culture, ethnics or even religion. This is happening now and have already happened in the past. For the world, I wish that corona virus will disappear instantly right after I blink. We have enough for all the crisis happened in various section of life.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about changing the Indonesian people’a perspectives on diversity.
DeletePedantic question: Your parents would stop paying your tuition if you changed their house with a magic wish?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “If they wake up in the morning sees their house in a different shape, I am quite sure they will not going to pay my college tuition again.” Mine: “If they woke up in the morning and saw their house in a different shape, I am quite sure they would not pay my college tuition again.”
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “Our country is currently on an emergency situations, where people doesn’t respect others anymore. This could become our main problems in the future.” Mine: “Our country is currently in an emergency situation in which people don’t respect each other anymore. This could become a major problem in the future.”
My first wish is that I want to make my house to be powered by a solar panel. I wanted my house to be solar powered because it is pollution free and causes no greenhouse gases to be emitted after installation. My second wish is that I want my city to be less crowded. I love Jogja. Jogja is a very special city with its thick culture. But when I was stuck in traffic in Jogja, I don't see Jogja as a special place. I just see Jogja as another over populated city. The next wishes is that I want the people of my country to be less fanatic. People in Indonesia are now very fanatics about their own individual culture from each region. Indonesia is a country that has a very diverse and rich culture. So I think my country would be better if they respect on each other culture. The last wish is that I want the world is become more peaceful. No racism, war, or any other unhuman things.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about the world becoming more peaceful, with no more racism, war, or any other inhumane things.
DeletePedantic question: You say people in Indonesia are now very fanatical about their own individual culture from each region. Are you fanatical about the culture of Yogyakarta?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “My first wish is that I want to make my house to be powered by a solar panel. I wanted my house to be solar powered because it is pollution free and causes no greenhouse gases to be emitted after installation.” Mine: “My first wish is that I want to change my house so it is powered by a solar panel. This is because it is pollution-free and causes no greenhouse gases to be emitted after installation.”
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “I love Jogja. Jogja is a very special city with its thick culture. But when I was stuck in traffic in Jogja, I don't see Jogja as a special place. I just see Jogja as another over populated city.” Mine: “I love Jogja. It is a very special city with its strong culture. But when I am stuck in traffic, I no longer see it as a special place; it just becomes another over populated city.
Well, if i were given a chance to have four of those wishes granted, my first wish would be to have one spacious room created to store all my books and novels. Really, there’s nothing I love more than the smell of (both new and old) books.
ReplyDeleteNow comes the second wish. Even without thinking too hard, I already know exactly what I want. My one and only wish for this city is for it to have more affordable food. I mean, what’s better than a cheap yet still delicious food? We all hate to admit this but spending too much money on food is (obviously) the last thing we’d ever want, seriously It’s a basic need!
As for my third wish, despite the many things I’d love to change about this country, it would be wonderful to see more schools built on the less developed parts of this nation. Education is not supposed to be a privilege, it’s a basic human right. Sadly, there are still young children and teenagers in this country who aren’t given enough access and thus, unable to enjoy this necessity.
Last but not least, what do I wish to change about this world? My answer for that would be it’s people. Not in a way that would change their identity, but rather in a way that would change their selfish way of thinking. In my opinion, the world would be a much safer and better place when people learn to care about their surroundings more than they care about themselves. Issues like global warming, war, racism, and many more are all caused by one common thing, greed, and greed only comes from the selfish nature of every human being.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about building more schools in the less developed parts of this nation because, as you say, education is not supposed to be a privilege; it’s a basic human right.
DeletePedantic question: Do you think there would be a market for it if Oriflame produced a spray scent that smelt of books?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “In my opinion, the world would be a much safer and better place when people learn to care about their surroundings more than they care about themselves.” Mine [1]: “In my opinion, the world would be a much safer and better place if people learned to care about their surroundings more than they care about themselves.” Mine [2]: “In my opinion, the world will be a much safer and better place once people have learned to care about their surroundings more than they do about themselves.
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “I mean, what’s better than a cheap yet still delicious food?” Mine [1]: “I mean, what’s better than a cheap yet still delicious meal?” Mine [2]: “I mean, what’s better than cheap yet still delicious food?”
If I could cause a change to my house, I would make a treehouse rich in nature. There would be a bit more greenery, a bit of cleaner air, and a stylish atmosphere in my house. If I could change my city, Bangkok, I would stop making more space for unnecessary facilities by cutting down a tree. There would be more parks, instead of buildings and restaurants, where people can take a walk comfortably, feeling nature. Then, if I could cause a change to my country Thailand, I would stop urban development by destroying beautiful nature in the countryside such as Chiang Mai, and Pattaya. The government tries to make the country more attractive and developed as a tourist place. If I can change the world, I would stop deforestation and make a world where all people and nature can coexist peacefully and safely by eliminating lookism, discrimination, war, and poverty.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the environmental theme.
DeletePedantic question: How does one balance concern for the environment with the need to foster development that increases prosperity?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “If I could cause a change to my house…”. Mine: “If I could make a change to my house…”. If we talk about “causing” a change rather than “making” it, it suggests that it was indirect of not deliberate. See also “If I could cause a change to my country”, and “If I could change my city.”
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “If I can change the world, I would stop deforestation and make a world where all people and nature can coexist peacefully”. Mine: “If I could change the world, I would stop deforestation and make a world where all people and nature can coexist peacefully.”
Wow, I absolutely love this topic. I grew up relishing the Harry Potter series, and I was encouraged to let my imaginations run wild. Magical and illogical concepts aren't things that are foreign to me.
ReplyDeleteOne instant change that I would wish I could make with the house I currently live in would be a secret doorway to a magical place. I yearn for this secret doorway to take me someplace similar to the Wizarding World, Alice in Wonderland, or even Neverland. During my childhood years, I would stay up until midnight imagining a doorway in the backside of my Jakartan house, by the fishing pond, under the mango tree. Imagination seems to be something that runs deep in my family because my younger brother also imagined a secret door that would lead him to Australia, apparently something out of Doraemon.
I currently live in Tokyo and as of things I wish I could change, there aren't many ideas that come to mind in terms of materialistic aspects. However, I love winters and if I could I would make winter never-ending. There is no logical reason behind my wish, but winter in Tokyo is just truly magical, the fairy lights, the breeze, the skyline. I could go on about how beautiful winter in Tokyo and I wish that it would be last all year long.
If I could change one thing about Japan, I'd wish that 'Matsuris' and 'Bon Odoris,' both of which are Japanese festivals, are held all year long. These festivals occur quite often, I absolutely love going to these festivals, and I don't think I'd ever get bored of going to them. They have a uniqueness to it that I would never be able to find in other countries and I wish that they were held every single day.
Since all the wishes stated above have been quite childish and illogical, I'd like to propose a grand finale for things I wish could change in the world. My only wish for this world, which is pretty mainstream, would be human peace. To accept, to love, to respect every single individual in this world as who they are, regardless of their background, race, religion, etc.
Most interesting wish: I like the “grand finale” wish but, actually, I didn’t mind the “quite childish and illogical” ones.
DeletePedantic question: Wait a minute, isn’t wishing for a secret doorway – to a magical place where all manner of things can happen – mean that you are using your first wish to give yourself the ability to wish for an unlimited number of adventures?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “Imagination seems to be something that runs deep in my family because my younger brother also imagined a secret door that would lead him to Australia, apparently something out of Doraemon.” Mine: “Being imaginative seems to be something that runs deep in my family because my younger brother also imagined a secret door.” Seeing as everyone has an imagination, I think using the adjective “imaginative” sets you (and your brother apart) because it would not be true to say everyone is “imaginative”.
For the first wish, I wish that my house would change into a modern eco house. What I meant by that, there are a lot of modern autonomous tools so all the house work can be done automatically and we can save our energy to do other things. Also, my house is powered by solar electricity so all the job done by the tools didn’t cost a lot of money to pay to the government.
ReplyDeleteFor the second wish, I also want my city to be more eco-friendly. For example, change all the vehicle in this city into an electric-based vehicle. As we can see that Trans Jogja do cause a lot of pollution from its emissions. Change all the streetlight and the red light in the city to be powered by solar electricity too and add wind electric generator to support the city elecrticity.
For the third wish, I just want that this country’s government and political to be clean from the political crimes. These people that hold Indonesia to be more develop because they are already feel comfortable with the current system that can make them to work less and earn a lot of money. and also, these people who prevent young millennials from developing this country
For the last wish, actually I just wish that all of the country can peaceful and work together to make this world comfortable to live in and protect the earth’s environment to be better and last longer.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about making your city more eco-friendly.
DeletePedantic question: I wonder how you can persuade people to give up their petrol and diesel-powered cars and but electic cars instead.
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “I just wish that all of the country can peaceful and work together to make this world comfortable to live in and protect the earth’s environment to be better and last longer.” Mine: “I just wish that all the countries can be peaceful and work together to make this world more comfortable to live in and that they protect the earth’s environment so it is better and lasts longer.”
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “I just want that this country’s government and political to be clean from the political crimes. These people that hold Indonesia to be more develop because they are already feel comfortable with the current system that can make them to work less and earn a lot of money. and also, these people who prevent young millennials from developing this country”. Mine: “I just want this country’s government and politicians to be clean from the political crimes. These people hold up Indonesia from being more developed because they already feel comfortable with the current system that means they can work less and earn a lot of money. Furthermore, these people prevent young millennials from developing this country.”
For my first wish, I want to have my private room in the house that I live in. Therefore, I can study, sleep, or awake at any time I want. I wish for that because right now I share a room with my little brother so I have to go to sleep at 9 p.m. For my second wish, I want traffic jams to disappear in the city which I live in. I don’t want to be stuck in a traffic jam for hours for a trip that usually takes 20 minutes. The traffic jams also makes the air worse. I can only enjoy early morning and late night air. For the third wish, I want the country that I live in to have intelligent citizen. I want that because with intelligent citizen, the country can be organized easier and probably will grow faster. For my fourth wish, I wish the world doesn’t exploit too much of everything. Exploiting too much can lead to more harm than good. Take exploiting cows for farm as an example. The cows produce greenhouse gases which can damage the atmosphere.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about your living arrangements; so many positive things can stem from getting your work (and therefore mental) space just the way you need it.
DeletePedantic question: Do you think the modern world’s obsession with growth is a mistake?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “I want the country that I live in to have intelligent citizen. I want that because with intelligent citizen, the country can be organized easier and probably will grow faster.” Mine: “I want the country that I live in to have intelligent citizens. With such citizens, the country could be organized more easily and would probably grow faster.”
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “For my second wish, I want traffic jams to disappear in the city which I live in. I don’t want to be stuck in a traffic jam for hours for a trip that usually takes 20 minutes. The traffic jams also makes the air worse.” Mine: “For my second wish, I want traffic jams to disappear in the city in which I live. I don’t want to be stuck in a stationary vehicle for hours on a trip that usually takes 20 minutes. Traffic congestion also makes the air worse.”
One morning, I found myself feeling strange as I woke up. I rubbed my eyes, looked around, and surprisingly as I looked beside me, a big, blue genie appeared, with the voice of Robin Williams, and told me I could have any four wishes I wanted. Being the great, selfless person that I am, I decided to use those wishes to better the lives of people around me by making changes to my house, city, country, and even, the world.
ReplyDeleteFor my first wish, I would ask the Mr. Genie to create a magical new room, attached to the second floor of my house as a home gym. My family has always wanted this to keep fit and healthy, especially now because Covid-19 is ruining everybody’s outdoor activities.
My second wish would be to widen the terribly narrow roads in my city, making the main roads at least four lanes wide, in order to combat those pesky minibus (angkot) drivers who seem to enjoy using half of the main roads as a temporary parking lot.
My third wish, that would change the country, would be to simply build better infrastructure across all of Indonesia in the form of more toll roads, more train transport between cities, and MRTs in every major city. This would make travelling between South Tangerang and Yogyakarta a lot easier for me and my fellow “greater-Jakarta metropolitan area” friends – as Mr. Adrian likes to call it. It also provides a better transportation experience for everyone.
My fourth and final wish, that will affect the whole wide world, would be free air travel. Sure, it might destroy the whole airline industry, destroy the livelihoods of many people dependent on the money from said industry, and have major unforeseen repercussions – but that isn’t going to stop me from wanting traveling to Japan for free, at any moments notice, to have a sushi lunch. Then, a few hours later, stop by South Korea for dinner before heading back to Indonesia. Yes, maybe this last wish may be a tiny bit selfish, but I’m sure many others will also benefit from this – apart from airline and associated companies of course.
Most interesting wish: Aside from the fact that I enjoyed the way you strated your piece and the humour throughout, I like the one about to creating a home gym that would be attached to the second floor of your house although I am not sure what would be “magical” about it, apart from it suddenly existing due to your first wish.
DeletePedantic question: How many people’s houses and shops would you have to demolish in order to widen all the roads in a city?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “Sure, it might destroy the whole airline industry, destroy the livelihoods of many people dependent on the money from said industry, and have major unforeseen repercussions – but that isn’t going to stop me from wanting traveling to Japan for free, at any moments notice, to have a sushi lunch.” Mine: “Sure, it might destroy the entire airline industry, destroy the livelihoods of many people dependent on the money from said industry, and have major unforeseen repercussions – but that isn’t going to stop me from wanting to travel to Japan for free, at a moment’s notice, to have a sushi lunch.”
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “…as Mr. Adrian likes to call it.” Mine [1]: “…as Adrian likes to call it.” Mine [2]: “…as Mr. Coen likes to call it.”
So for my first wish, I always wanted to have a house with a rain forest feel. A house which can make you feel like you're in the middle of a forest, combined with a modern architecture design. My family already have a lots of trees and plants in our front yard, but it will be even better to modify the inside of our house to feel more spacious as well. And for the second wish, I really want to live in a city where you can just enjoy your life. I'm not sure where, because there is no such thing as a perfect city. But I'm thinking about Bogor since it's really peaceful and the air pollution was not as bad as Jakarta.
ReplyDeleteSwitzerland would be really nice for this third one, but it's always cold there and there is nothing much you can do except skiing and go to the grocery store. So I will just stay in Indonesia, but maybe move to another island that is less dense in term of population. And for the last question, I want no more wars and any kind of discrimination against minorities whatsoever. Then we can just enjoy our life in this beautiful and peaceful planet.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about living in a house which can make you feel like you're located in the middle of a rain forest.
DeletePedantic question: Zurich is 24 degrees Centigrade in June; is that “cold”?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “I'm thinking about Bogor since it's really peaceful and the air pollution was not as bad as Jakarta.”Mine: “I'm thinking about Bogor since it's really peaceful and the air pollution is not as bad as Jakarta.”
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “A house which can make you feel like you're in the middle of a forest, combined with a modern architecture design.” Mine: “A house which can make you feel like you're in the middle of a forest combined with a modern architectural design.”
My house, or should I say my parents’ house is actually fine as it is, but if there is one thing that I could change, I would like to have a music studio of my own, complete with an array of guitars, preferably strats and les pauls. For my second wish, I’m going to make it simple, I would like to make all the main roads in my city much bigger and wider, so I do not have to get stuck on traffic jams every single day of the week. For my third wish, and this is a boring and economical one, I would like for Indonesia to pay off all of its debts, which currently is in the region of USD400 billion. It may not seem like a particularly useful thing to do, and you may be right, but I personally just wanted to see it happen. And last but certainly not least, for my final wish I would like for the world, as of tomorrow to be free from COVID-19 pandemic. This final wish is pretty much an impulsive one, but I think a lot of people are going to agree with me on this one.
ReplyDeleteMost interesting wish: I like the one about you having a music studio of your own, complete with an array of guitars, preferably Strats and Les Pauls.
DeletePedantic question: “I would like for Indonesia to pay off all of its debts, which currently is in the region of USD400 billion.” How would this benefit ordinary Indonesian people? Failing that, how eould it benefit you specifically?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “For my third wish, and this is a boring and economical one, I would like for Indonesia to pay off all of its debts, which currently is in the region of USD400 billion.” Mine: [1] “For my third wish, and this is a boring and economics-related one, I would like for Indonesia to pay off all of its debts, which are currently in the region of USD400 billion.” Or: “For my third wish, and this is a boring and economics-related one, I would like for Indonesia to pay off all of its debt, which is currently in the region of USD400 billion.”
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “This final wish is pretty much an impulsive one, but I think a lot of people are going to agree with me on this one.” Mine: “This final wish is pretty much an impulsive one, but I think a lot of people are going to agree with me.”
For my first wish, what I would like to change about my house would probably be to add in an underground bunker with a generous amount of food and beverages. It would be quite useful if to say a natural disaster happens or even a zombie apocalypse.
ReplyDeleteMy second wish would be spent on beautiful Yogyakarta. There's not much that needs to change really here in my opinion. I would probably just wish for bigger roads so that people are comfortable whenever they need to go somewhere.
For my country, Indonesia, there are a lot of things that I would like to change. My wish would be for Indonesia to not have been an independent country and let the Netherlands take over. I guess I am just opposed to the way the Indonesian government handles things at times and maybe this way Indonesia would be more prosperous.
For my final wish, something that affects the world. I think that my wish could be considered cruel to some, but the way I see it, there is nothing to lose. I wish that the Thanos snap from the Avenger's movie was a real thing, but the people that would disappear would be the ones that bring no beneficial value to others and have bad intentions in the world. That way the world would be filled with only generous and peaceful people.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about the Thanos Snap from the Avenger's movie becoming a real thing. I had to look it up! Here:
Delete“How does Thanos' snap work in Infinity War? ... When Thanos snapped his fingers, each individual in the universe had a 50/50 chance of being eliminated. Nothing else was taken into account. It was as though a coin was flipped for each person, and if that coin cane up “heads”, that person was gone: It's as simple as that.”
So I was pleased to hear you qualify your wish! You continued “…but the people that would disappear would be the ones that bring no beneficial value to others and have bad intentions in the world.”
Pedantic question: “My wish would be for Indonesia to not have been an independent country and let the Netherlands take over. I guess I am just opposed to the way the Indonesian government handles things at times and maybe this way Indonesia would be more prosperous.” Woulod you hide in the brand new bunker under your house every time August 17th comes around each year?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’: “For my final wish, something that affects the world. I think that my wish could be considered cruel to some, but the way I see it, there is nothing to lose.” Mine: “My final wish would be something that affects the world. I think that my wish could be considered cruel by some, but the way I see it, there is nothing to lose.”
To be honest I have a lot in mind right now, but I’ll try my best to make it short.
ReplyDeleteThe first one, change of my house roof to an observatory or glass one. Cause now, it is just an ordinary tiled roof and I’ve been wanting to see the stars and the moon before I go to sleep, and also the rising sun when I wake up. And I know it’s not going to happen because of my parents who want to keep the house looks normal. Unless the roof is changing by itself, or the house is mine, so that I can change every part of the house freely.
The second one, it could be really great if there is a prohibition on entering the city at certain hours. Because I live right in the middle of Tangerang City, quite busy area with congested streets.
The third one, adjustment of most Indonesians’ mindset. Like how people see and react to certain situation. Well, it can be a sensitive topic to write about, but you know, I hope this won’t offend anyone.
The last one, transformation of all abandoned buildings into greenery. As far as I know, the world is estimated to be 4.543 billion years old. Along with the continuous development, this world bears a very heavy burden.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about turning all abandoned buildings into greenery around the world.
DeletePedantic question: “The first one, change of my house roof to an observatory or glass one. Cause now, it is just an ordinary tiled roof and I’ve been wanting to see the stars and the moon before I go to sleep, and also the rising sun when I wake up.” Why don’t you just sleep in the garden?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “And I know it’s not going to happen because of my parents who want to keep the house looks normal.” Mine: “And I know it’s not going to happen because of my parents who want to keep the house looking normal.” Similar: “Although we are down to only two members, I wasn to keep the chess club going.”
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “The second one, it could be really great if there is a prohibition on entering the city at certain hours. Because I live right in the middle of Tangerang City, quite busy area with congested streets.” Mine: “The second one, it would be really great if there were a prohibition on entering the city at certain hours. This is [or “I’d like this”] because I live right in the middle of Tangerang City, quite busy area with congested streets.”
My first wish is to change my house's pond,I wish it could be remodel it into a Japanese style pond filled with koi and bonsai.
ReplyDeleteMy second wish for the change of the my I live in is woman can be the ruler of Keraton. There has been a conflicting problem where the current Hamengkubuwono have six children and all of them are women and the keraton's family disagree about one of his daughter becoming the queen.
My third wish for my country is actually the citizens itself, I wish the citizens of Indonesia could embrace the tolerance towards the difference we have. I had seen many cases where other minority being oppressed and they still believe with context "pribumi" but in reality we all are Indonesian no mather what ethnicity we have.
My fourth wish for the world, I hope that people realized upon the climate change emergency. Glaciers and sea ice are melting, bushfires has been happening frequently, and many more on the crisis of climate change. Do we have to wait for everyone to be eventually dead, sooner than naturally just to be more aware upon this crisis? I hope not because we wouldn't have home, we wouldn't have a future, climate change is a race we must win.
Most interesting wish: I like the one about a woman being the ruler of the Sultan’s Palace in Yogyakarta.
DeletePedantic question: Does the daughter of Sultan Hamengkubuwono who will be the next ruler of the Kraton have the qualities needed to satisfy traditionalists and sceptics?
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 1: “There has been a conflicting problem where the current Hamengkubuwono have six children and all of them are women and the keraton's family disagree about one of his daughter becoming the queen.” Mine: “There has been a problem of conflict caused by the current Hamengkubuwono having six children, all of whom are women, and the royal family disagree with one of his daughters becoming the next queen.”
Grammar – ‘Compare Yours To Mine’ 2: “My fourth wish for the world, I hope that people realized upon the climate change emergency. Glaciers and sea ice are melting, bushfires has been happening frequently, and many more on the crisis of climate change.” Mine: “My fourth wish is for the world. I hope that people realize that there is a climate change emergency. Glaciers and sea ice are melting, bushfires have been happening more frequently, and many more things are happening because of the crisis of climate change.