Tell us the key differences between going to school in Australia and doing so in Indonesia
Tell us what it is about The Netherlands, in particular, that makes you want to study there. What are you back up choices?
Tell us what your plan would be if you were given the task of improving football in Indonesia.
Tell us about the best Netflix series you watched this year.
Tell us exactly how we would travel from Yogyakarta to Nias including estimated times and costs.
Tell us about your father’s work.
Tell us what you would recommend an Indonesian visitor to Birmingham to see and do in the city.
Tell us what your committee prepared and orgaganised for your High School Celebration 2019.
Tell us in detail about how to cook your favourite cookies.
Tell us about a few of the best or most memorable photographs you ever took.
Tell us about your newest hobby: hiking.
Tell us what you know about the work your parents do.
The best thing about football in Indonesia is that football is the most popular sport in Indonesia many people are interested in playing football as their profession. I believed that in order to evolve Indonesian football to another level the must invest in youth football. From my experience, the youth football program in Indonesia doesn't compare to other country's youth football the coach lack knowledge to develop the tactical awareness and technical ability of young football players. A lot of Indonesia's youth is gifted with pace but without the mentorship from coaches on how to use its pace will just be meaningless. Another observation I have made is that youth footballers in Indonesia aren't taught about diet to improve their physicality, I see a lot of current player footballers have no muscle to go up against the top team with a lot of physicalities. The equipment of the youth system in Indonesia is outdated the pitch doesn't have grass I often scrape my leg when practicing or playing football. Improving equipment in the youth system is one of the top priorities to invest in, equipment could be used to analyze the common mistake they do. Another method that I think would work to improve Indonesia's quality of football is to improve local club's connection with clubs from the higher-ranking leagues. Connection with other clubs will help youth footballers to move to clubs with a better development team and better equipment. The children are the next generation of Indonesia and I especially believe this statement to improve football in Indonesia.
ReplyDelete“Tell us what your plan would be if you were given the task of improving football in Indonesia.”
DeleteFavourite part: “Another method that I think would work to improve Indonesia's quality of football is to improve local club's connection with clubs from the higher-ranking leagues.” I agree that this is a good idea.
Matter arising: What about more organized competitive football at the youth and school level?
Vocabulary tip: “The best thing about football in Indonesia is that football is the most popular sport in Indonesia many people are interested in playing football as their profession.” The word “football” appear three times in this sentence! The second one can be replaced with “it” and the third one can be replaced with “the game”.
Grammar tip: “I believed that in order to evolve Indonesian football to another level the must invest in youth football.” Compare yours to mine: “I believe that, in order for Indonesian football to evolve to another level, there must be investment in youth football.” Consider all the edits I have made and why I made each one.
The first time I went to The Netherland is when I was in a student exchange programme specifically to the Sondervick Highschool located in Veldhoven. My host family took me around the city and I actually like the atmosphere there. One of the reasons why I want to study there in The Netherland is I heard The University of Groningen is actually one of the best universities to study Economics as Economics is my major here in UGM also I think to study there would be a great opportunity for me as an IUP student. The other reason is I like the food there and if I ever miss my hometown here in Indonesia, I could easily find an Indonesian restaurant! The living expenses are also quite affordable compares to other country. I do have a back up choice if I decide not to get a double degree there, I will probably to apply for the student exchange programme as it requires less time. However, I prefer apply for the double degree programme because I think it is more beneficial for me to get two degrees in 4 years.
ReplyDelete“Tell us what it is about The Netherlands, in particular, that makes you want to study there. What are you back up choices?”
DeleteFavourite part: “The other reason is I like the food there and if I ever miss my hometown here in Indonesia, I could easily find an Indonesian restaurant!” I like your thinking here!
Matter arising: The question “What are you back up choices?” invited you to metion other countries in which you would be interested in studying.
Vocabulary tip: “However, I prefer apply for the double degree programme because I think it is more beneficial for me to get two degrees in 4 years.” Don’t forget that numbers under ten should be written as words, so, in this case, “4” should be “four”.
Grammar tip: “One of the reasons why I want to study there in The Netherland is I heard The University of Groningen is actually one of the best universities to study Economics as Economics is my major here in UGM also I think to study there would be a great opportunity for me as an IUP student.” Compare yours to mine, note what changes I made, and see if you can work out why I made each edit:
“One of the reasons why I want to study in The Netherland is I heard The University of Groningen is actually one of the best universities for studying Economics, and as that is my major here at UGM, I think to study there would be a great opportunity for me as an IUP student.”
My best and memorable photo is when I went to Taman Sari, Yogyakarta with my ex-girlfriend. I took a lot of mesmerising pictures within her. Unfortunately, the memory card was missing and I have to let those good pictures in peace. Secondly, when I went to Japan trip (Tokyo-Osaka). It reminds about neon-city, futuristic city concept, and modernity. I took photographs mostly on the streets, buildings, and intersections. Otherwise, I also took a lot of well-figured pictures on Japanese traditional villages. Back on to Jogja again, actually, I found some good spots to take photographs, at small moments and dark places even the place that we think it might not supposed to be a good place to take photos. At Jogja, my best place to be visited is Jogja National Museum. That place has an annual gallery called ArtJog. It show good paintings which fits aesthetically to the photo if we take in a good angle. Next on, Ketandan, a local Chinese town in Jogjakarta which is located inside Malioboro Streets. Those houses are very unique and giving some kind of groovy vibes. So, I decided to take several photos using my phone. In Ketandan, there is a house with a red gate and I think it is the most influential place to take photograph. So, Those are all my experiences about my activity of photographs
ReplyDelete“Tell us about a few of the best or most memorable photographs you ever took.”
DeleteFavourite part: “Secondly, when I went to Japan trip (Tokyo-Osaka). It reminds about neon-city, futuristic city concept, and modernity. I took photographs mostly on the streets, buildings, and intersections.” This brings back memories.
Matter arising: “Those are all my experiences about my activity of photographs.” (Aside from the missing word “taking” before “photographs”), surely this statement is not true, right? These can’t be all of them; there must surely be others!
Vocabulary tip: “Next on, Ketandan, a local Chinese town in Jogjakarta which is located inside Malioboro Streets.” [1] Malioboro Street (singular). [2] I think “behind” or “beside” or “near” is preferrable to “inside”.
Grammar tip: “Unfortunately, the memory card was missing and I have to let those good pictures in peace.” [1] “have” should be “had” as you are telling a story about the past/in the past tense. [2] I think the expression you are looking for is “I had to let those good pictures go in peace.” However, I don’t feel as if it fits what (I think) you are saying. Perhaps what you intend is something like this: “Unfortunately, the memory card was missing and I had to let those good pictures live on only in my memory.” (Repetition of “memory” feels OK to me here.)
Farrel
ReplyDeleteTell us exactly how we would travel from Yogyakarta to Nias including estimated times and costs.
To go to Nias you couldn’t just book a flight straight to Nias. You should book a ticket of a bus or an airplane from Yogyakarta towards Jakarta. After ariving at Jakarta you should book a flight heading to Medan which is the capital city of North Sumatera which its airport name is Kuala Namu International airport. From what I know there are only two airline company that serve the route to Nias which is Garuda Indonesia and Wings Air. The two of this airline uses small airplane that serves the route to Nias. From Kuala Namu it is approximately a 1 hour flight with only the view of open ocean which for me is something beautiful. After arriving at Nias Airport you should take a cab to go to the capital city of nias which is Gunung Sitoli, it is a 1 hour trip from the airport to the central city of Gunung Sitoli.
“Tell us exactly how we would travel from Yogyakarta to Nias including estimated times and costs.”
DeleteFavourite part: “To go to Nias you couldn’t just book a flight straight to Nias.” A good start because your reader might otherwise wonder why not do this instead of the complicated route you go on to describe.
Matter arising: No estimated times and costs, as requested? (aside from the “1 hour” from Kuala Namu to Nias Airport.)
Vocabulary tip: “You should book a ticket of a bus or an airplane from Yogyakarta towards Jakarta.” Keep it simple. Compare yours to mine: “You should book a bus or airplane ticket from Yogyakarta to Jakarta.” Make note of each edit I made.
Grammar tip: “From what I know, there are only two airline companies that serve the route to Nias which are Garuda Indonesia and Wings Air.” I made three edits to that sentence: be sure to find them. “The two of this airline uses small airplane that serves the route to Nias.” This sounds repetitious. How about this: “Both these airlines use small airplanes on this route.”
Apologies. I have just noticed that you also mentioned that it takes "1 hour" from the airport to Gunung Sitoli.
Delete
ReplyDeleteIrene
Tell us about the best Netflix series you watched this year.
I only have watched few of American series in Netflix and to be quite honest I don't really have one that I like and I would recommend. However, I truly enjoy the Korean dramas or movies that are in Netflix. I am quite sure that my recommendations won't suit a bunch of people since most of people doesn't enjoy K-dramas. But, if any of you guys are interested to start watch one I recommend "Reply 1988". This drama is about the life of Koreans in the 1988 and what impress me is that it doesn’t have any antagonist but yet it still have an intriguing storyline. I think it will be perfect for those that are looking for something to watch and enjoy easily.
“Tell us about the best Netflix series you watched this year.”
DeleteFavourite part: “I only have watched few of American series in Netflix and to be quite honest I don't really have one that I like and I would recommend.” Your honesty is appreciated.
Matter arising: You say “most people doesn't enjoy K-dramas”. I wonder why.
Vocabulary tip: The expression “a bunch of people” sounds very slangy. Compare your to mine: “I am quite sure that my recommendations won't suit a lot of people since most doesn't enjoy K-dramas.” Find the changes I made.
Grammar tip: “I only have watched few of American series in Netflix”. I have three edits I want to make. See what they are. Figure out the reason I made them.
Here is my version: “I have only watched a few American series on Netflix.”
Jesse,
ReplyDeleteTell us about the work your parents do.
Hello, i want to tell you how my parents are working everyday as managers in a different bank. So apparently, my dad is working in IT and Operational division at Bank Tabungan Negara. Until now, i still dont know why my dad became one of the employee in the IT divison. He is working hardly everyday, starts from 07.30 in the morning until 08.00 in the evening. He usually works by counting and analyzing money and numbers everyday even night at home and that is why he is such a busy person. He also oftenly making presentations in Microsoft Power points. Differs from my dad, my mom is working in Operational division at Standard Chartered Bank. She works from 09.30 am to 08.00 pm . The reasons why my dad come to work earlier than my mom is because my dad’s company is the part of BUMN or a state-owned company. Because of the hectic situation happening everyday in my family, we anually going to vacation and call it as a family time. Both of them were studying mangement in Trisakti University in Jakarta. I basically chose them as my role models so i can be as successful as them or more successful in my own way wether my becoming a manager or a business woman.
“Tell us about the work your parents do.”
DeleteFavourite part: I like the closing sentence.
Matter arising: Do you want to follow in their footsteps?
Vocabulary tip: “My dad is working in IT and Operational division”. The noun “division” is countable which means its needs an article (“a” or “the”). Like this: “My dad is working in the IT and Operational Division.” Note that I have capitalized “Division” on the assumption that “IT and Operational Division” is the official name of his department. However, if it is not an official name or title (and is just a description of his department, instead), then I would write it like this: “My dad is working in the IT and operational division.” You will not that “IT” is always capitalized because it is an acronym. By the way, the same applies to you mother’s “Operational Division”.
Grammar tip: “Because of the hectic situation happening everyday in my family, we anually going to vacation and call it as a family time.” Compare yours to mine: “Because of the hectic situation happening every day in my family, we go on vacation annually and call it our family time.”. Note the edits I have made and try to figure out why I made them. I replaced “everyday” with “every day”. They are not the same. Look at this:
The word “everyday” is an adjective and is used like this: “Heavy rain is an everday occurrence during the wet season” (what KIND of occurance is it? An “everyday” one… = adjective!). “In the wet season it rains every day” (“every” is a determiner and “day” is the noun).
Fakhri
ReplyDeleteTell us about your father’s work.
My father is working in a multinational company that specify in collecting oil for mostly transportation fuel. Chevron is the name of the company. Sadly, next year will be the last year that Chevron is operating in Indonesia since the government is not renewing the contract. Well, throughout his career in Chevron, my little family had been blessed with many unforgettable memories.
This company established an organization complex that provide certified workers house and many other facilities. Loocated in Pekanbaru, Rumbai where I spent my childhood and also my place of birth. The complex celebrated many events such as children’s day, running day, fun day, and many more that give their worker’s some moment to rest and relax from work.
He is also given a chance to work abroad in USA by Chevron and we are allowed to go there with him. That experience I never forget. The company payed for our flight and it was the first-class seat! I never felt such joy while being in an airplane my whole life. Working abroad granted him greater pay checks than in Indonesia. So, we can travel a lot there while enjoying a decent place to stay and eat. I wish that I work in the same company or similar company as him when I graduated.
“Tell us about your father’s work.”
DeleteFavourite part: “Working abroad granted him greater pay checks than in Indonesia. So, we can travel a lot there while enjoying a decent place to stay and eat.” This is an interesting personal detail/revelation.
Matter arising: “Sadly, next year will be the last year that Chevron is operating in Indonesia since the government is not renewing the contract.” Presumably, he will be headhunted.
Vocabulary tip: “My father is working in a multinational company that specify in collecting oil for mostly transportation fuel.” By “specify”, I assume you mean it “specifically” does X. Or maybe what you mean is that it “specializes” in X. The “X” here is not “collecting oil” but, instead, “drilling for oil”. Also “working for a multinational company” is preferrable to “working in a multinational company”. Finally, “mostly for” sounds better than “for mostly”. All in all, like this”
“My father works for a multinational company that specializes in drilling oil mostly for transportation fuel.”
Grammar tip: “That experience I never forget.” This doesn’t sound right. You try some of these: “That is an experience I will never forget.” Or “That was an experience I will never forget.” Or “I will never forget that experience.”
Sugi
ReplyDeleteTell us what your committee prepared and organized for your High School Celebration 2019.
Alright, story time. High School Celebration 2019 was my first ever involvement with the event as a committee, as the previous two years I was content with only being a spectator. I think my main motivation in joining was because it was my last year of senior high, and I wanted to experience it at least once.
I, of course, joined the basketball section of the event. Our tasks, first of all, was to invite schools to join the competition. There was a bit of a mess with the registered teams, but we were able to work out a solution in the end. After that, we drew the teams into seeded pools. The drawing was done with pieces of paper and with the representative of each schools.
There was another snag before competitions can begin. Somehow, someway, the futsal committee and our committee couldn’t agree on when the first futsal and basketball fixtures should be played. We argued that both of these sports should be played on opening day, which was Friday, but the futsal committee argued that Friday was reserved for futsal fixtures only. Because time was running out, we reluctantly agreed to play the first fixtures on Saturday.
Before each game day, everyone (more like the seniors) should arrive at least an hour before the first fixture begins. Why? Because there was a lot to prepare. First, we had to place mattresses on the poles of the hoop so that people wouldn’t crash to it. Then, we had to install the shot clock by tying them on each pole. Afterwards, we had to wait for the scoreboard to arrive, then after it had arrived, we had to install that as well. Finally, we had to prepare the balls as well, though that one was simple enough. Oh yeah, we also had to make sure that the referee arrived on time. Thankfully, from the first fixture to the finals, everything went as smooth as a polished rock. Well, except for one incident, but it didn’t really affect much.
After competitions ended, I was shifted over to the equipment committee for the closing ceremony, which included a concert. Although, to be honest, I spent most of my time being a part of the security committee anyway. We didn’t really have to prepare much, since the stage and other stuff was handled by the original equipment committee, but what we had to prepare was several tents, a barricade, and installing the decorations. After the ceremony ended at 11 P.M., all of the equipment committee was responsible for cleaning up the area, including the stage.
As part of the security committee, I spent my time looking around for any kind of suspicious activity and looking around for people with forbidden items.
“Tell us what your committee prepared and organized for your High School Celebration 2019.”
DeleteFavourite part: I like all the detail you have gone into!
Matter arising: I wonder if this experience has given you any ideas about your future career.
Vocabulary tip: “High School Celebration 2019 was my first ever involvement with the event as a committee…”. I think you mean “committee member”. Or…? High School Celebration 2019 was my first ever involvement on a committee for an event …”?
Grammar tip: Right in the middle of all this story telling using the past tense, you write this: “There was another snag before competitions can begin.” The word “can” here clearly must be “could”.
Tell us the key differences between going to school in Australia and doing so in Indonesia
ReplyDeleteOne of the biggest differences between the education system in Australia compared to Indonesia is the fact that Australian schools employ student-centered learning since as early as first grade compared to Indonesia that does the same starting much later in university. Australian schools have given me so much freedom to explore and question the topics I was taught than Indonesian schools ever have. The biggest difference, which I'm sure many of my Indonesian-school-taught friends can relate to, is in Indonesian schools, you ask questions you already know the answer to whereas in Australia you ask questions you are truly curious about. This truly inhibits learning because Indonesian schools produce members of society who are like a herd, all like minded and boring. In Australia, everyone has extremely diverse opinions and thoughts about a wide array of topics and thus it encourages dialogue between peers. In turn, that develops critical thinking skills which as we know is essential. My favourite part about school there was how much I've argued with students, teachers and even parents about vastly different things. Among other things, I've argued about: the usage of the N-word with my history teacher, about free will with my good friends and about politics with my friend's parents. All in all, Australia encourages freedom of thought and freedom of opinion both I feel are not true in Indonesia.
In regards to friendships and social circles I have found that my Australian friends are less likely to have drama or be snakes. You could argue that it's just my circle, but after asking my sister and after actually being friends with Indonesian people it's universally true. Talking about people behind their backs, being two faced and all in all being snakes is a trait that I see much more common here than in Australia. Not saying that everyone is like that, it's just that I've had to avoid talking to certain people about this other person; in other cases I've had to avoid talking to people entirely because I know that that person is two-faced. This is an interesting phenomenon which I've mostly adjusted to, I have to be more selective with the people I am willing to call a friend. I'm happy that most of my new friends at UGM have been really nice to me. Some isolated "incidents" here and there but it's mostly good.
In other news, the concept of "Ketua Angkatan" is exclusive to Indonesia and I'm gonna try to be the "Ketua Angkatan" of management. Wish me luck !
“Tell us the key differences between going to school in Australia and doing so in Indonesia”
DeleteFavourite part: “One of the biggest differences between the education system in Australia compared to Indonesia is the fact that Australian schools employ student-centered learning since as early as first grade compared to Indonesia that does the same starting much later in university.” This is an interesting topic. Two thoughts: [1] You might find that student-centered learning is being adopted in more and more progressive Indonesian private schools that draw on ideas and practices from overseas. [2] There is, funnily, enough a bit of a backlash (among politicians rather than among educationalists) in certain quarters against approaches like student-centered learning in countries like the UK and the US.
Matter arising: “Talking about people behind their backs, being two faced and all in all being snakes is a trait that I see much more common here than in Australia.” Ouch! Be warned everyone who is reading this!
Grammar tip: “In turn, that develops critical thinking skills which as we know is essential.” To be a bit pedantic, look at my use of “is” and “are” in my two versions of what you wrote:
“In turn, that develops critical thinking skills which as we know are essential.”
In turn, this leads to the development of critical thinking skills which as we know is essential.”
You wrote: "There is, funnily, enough a bit of a backlash..." The comma is misplaced isn't it? It should be after "enough" not "funnily"
DeleteTell us in detail about how to cook your favourite cookies
ReplyDeleteInstead of writing about how to cook my favourite cookies in detail, I prefer to talk about some key things I have always done during the production process to ensure its quality. This is because I would rather not reveal the secret recipe that I have developed about four to five years ago and to avoid people from copying it as I have an online cookie business called “Off the Rack”. In my opinion, the best cookies have structure but are still soft and chewy. The first thing that must be done is to cream the butter and sugar thoroughly to create a good base. In doing so, you need to consider the temperature of the butter and the best brown to white sugar ratio depending on your preference. These two things are actually very crucial as it directly affects the consistency and texture of the end product. Next, you cannot overmix the flour as that would aerate the batter and result in the over development of gluten. This would leave you with flat and dense cookies that are barely edible. Then, what I find to be the most important consideration is the brand and type of chocolate chips that will be used. I like to mix dark chocolate with milk chocolate to create a nice balance between decadence and sweetness. To be honest, most of my production cost actually goes into the chocolate. Lastly, no matter what you do, please add salt to your batter regardless of the type of cookie you are making. This will make all the difference in the world as it helps balance the sweetness and gives the flavor more depth. With that, you can just imagine how my cookies are like. You can visit @offtherack.goods on Instagram to check them out. Sadly, I am currently overloaded with university tasks and so is not open to business. Though, I hope to be back soon enough. I am very sorry for the shameless promo but I couldn’t miss out on this opportunity.
“Tell us in detail about how to cook your favourite cookies”
DeleteFavourite part: “Instead of writing about how to cook my favourite cookies in detail, I prefer to talk about some key things I have always done during the production process to ensure its quality.” I like the way you openly declare your intention not to obey me right at the beginning! You don’t just leave it to me to realize it for myself later!
Seriously, though: “This is because I would rather not reveal the secret recipe that I have developed about four to five years ago and to avoid people from copying it as I have an online cookie business called “Off the Rack”.” This is very interesting to hear.
Matter arising: It would be interesting at some point to hear you talk about how you market your product.
Vocabulary tip: I love the way the word “decadence” suddenly appears in your text!
Grammar tip: I couldn’t find anything to complain about in the time I’d allocated to look at your writing!
Abizar
ReplyDeleteTell us about your newest hobby : Hiking
Even though I haven’t hike enough mountain to call myself a mountain hiker, but I am definitely in love with this new activity. I discover this hobby in 2018. My first experience is to hike Mount Ungaran in Central Java, which not far away from where I lived.
My first experience is actually quite miserable because me and my friends forgot to bring several equipments needed for us to survive in the mountain for at least 12 hours. We forgot to bring our cooking kits, therefore we just drink a lot of water and eat dry snack to delay our starvation. Luckily, we met another camper that kindly offers us their food and water to us. For the first time hiker, there are only two possible outcome. Whether you get discouraged to do another hiking or you get addicted by it. Fortunately, I belong to the second one. I hiked 3 mountain since.
There are tons of reason why i love hiking, but my biggest reason is because it is so remarkably refreshing. We can forget all of our problems for at least 2 days by hiking. There is no phone, hence there will not be any phone call, no news, no worries on assignment, no worries on social media, no girlfriend and thus there will be no nagging and complaining, nothing. Just you, your group, and the nature.
“Tell us about your newest hobby : Hiking”
DeleteFavourite part: “We can forget all of our problems for at least 2 days by hiking. There is no phone, hence there will not be any phone call, no news, no worries on assignment, no worries on social media, no girlfriend and thus there will be no nagging and complaining, nothing.” I think this is a great description of what the escape feels like.
Matter arising: Does your girlfriend know you think she engages in “nagging”?
Vocabulary tip: “There are tons of reason why I love hiking, but my biggest reason is because it is so remarkably refreshing.” [1] “Tons” of something is slang/informal, [2] but – after that expression – countable nouns (like “reason”) need to be plural. [3] We know they are your reasons from the first part of the sentence, so the “my” is unneccesary in the second half of the sentence and sounds better if it is “the” and if “reason” is replaced by “one” so that you do not repeat the word in close proximity like that. Compare yours to mine (while noting all the edits I have made): “There are loads of reasons why I love hiking, but the biggest one is because it is so remarkably refreshing.”
Grammar tips: “My first experience is actually quite miserable because me and my friends forgot to bring several equipments needed for us to survive in the mountain for at least 12 hours.” [1] “was” not “is”. [2] “several bits of equipment” or “some equipment” rather than “several equipments” (the word “equipment” is countable).
Ihsa
ReplyDeleteTell us what you would recommend an Indonesian visitor to Birmingham to see and do in the city.
Well, if you are planning to go to Birmingham, I would recommend you to go to the City Centre. The place is full of unique buildings in which you may want to take pictures of them. There are malls as well , called Bullring and Grand Central. It is also near to everywhere including This museum called ThinkThank, which becomes one of the destinations that usually visitors would go to.
Or maybe, you can try to visit Cadbury World, it is not like the building there, made by or full of chocolate though. But you may experience what is it like to walk in a chocolate factory. However, if you think you are already old enough...I don't think this is the right place for you to visit hahaha. But if you have kids, sure you probably want to.
Moreover, if you are looking for a place that is instagrammable, you might wanna go to the Canal house. It's a place with pretty cafes which are great for a date. You can also take a barge through the canals if you want to just enjoy the view while breathing the fresh air of Birmingham.
“Tell us what you would recommend an Indonesian visitor to Birmingham to see and do in the city.”
DeleteFavourite part: I like the bit about Cadbury World.
Matter arising: Did you get the chance to travel to many other cities?
Vocabulary tip: “…wanna”… No! Insert HORROR emoticon here!
Grammar tip: “I would recommend you to go to the City Centre”. [1] the “city centre” is not capitalized. [2] This the sentence structure… I “recommend” OBJECT (you) VERB infinitive, but without “to”) (go)… “I would recommend you go to the city centre”. You can also insert “that” between “recommend” and “you”.