Purpose

Student Writing: Troubleshooting & Advice

31 July 2020

Session 10 - Class A ~ Virtual Learning

 Class A - The Guinea Pigs Class

Exactly 100 words. 

Write and post two of them if you feel like it.

I will respond to - and edit - every one of them.

I will end up broadcasting some of them in the UK in 2021 to commemorate the first anniversary of the COVOD-19 lockdown there. 

I will let the authors of the selected stories know.

20 comments:

  1. This Semester feels really fast as the year does. Covid-19 virus messed everyone plan for this year as well as the plan of new student that looking for university. For the student (IUP) that haven’t accepted in the first intake, Covid-19 made the schedule of the next intake unclear. This year, in the free time during this pandemic, I started my photography service while waiting for the next intake of IUP. After I got accepted here, I must pause my photography service to relocate my time for the university tasks. It needs time for me to adjust to university activities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From learning new languages to improving my fitness, I finally made a list of things to do while in quarantine to keep myself productive. In the first month I was driven and motivated. I kept to the regime, studied and worked-out on the regular. But then the second month came and Netflix came with it. The workouts still continued, and I would still study every-so-often, but slowly I realized, I was on a slippery slope. The months kept passing and my motivation kept deteriorating. The distractions keep coming, and coming. Now as quarantine ends, I’m still the same, a bum.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For once I thought 2020 will the year where I got everything I wanted, but the start of college plus this pandemic gives me the massive anxiety. I often get anxious when I feel like I'm not productive "enough", then my anxiety stunted my productivity which lead to me doing nothing, then it makes me depressed and triggers my anxiety. I hope sooner or later, I could have the time where I'm not in constant state of uncertainty and near burnout. Hopefully I could enjoy my studies and my daily routine once again. 2020 indeed the year filled with hope.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. These past eight months have been quite a journey for me. March 15, the day we received a letter from school administrator, regarding two weeks of leave. We’re expected to be back on April and at that point, we’re very excited. My school is a semi military based high school and yes, we live in dorms. A place where our brotherhood first created. Our alma mater always had ceremonial events for every important moment, two of them are the day we enter and exit campus. But for us, we’re forced to face different reality and keep our goodbyes, for ourselves.

      Delete
  5. During this pandemic era which cause by covid-19 virus we have to stay at home. It has been eight months since the start of the pandemic. It is very hard for me to just stay at home because I can’t go hang out with my friends and even, I can’t have my graduation ceremony. In this pandemic the economics activity is affected badly, many people lose their job and the unemployment rate increase. Many people can’t no more afford to buy food because they don’t have money. This tragedy teach me to be more grateful because I have better life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The ear-splitting ring of her alarm signalled the start of another day. She stood up carefully, knowing all too well that her prolonged back pain had gotten much worse since the start of March. Her fatigued eyes begged for help the moment they were greeted by the bright unforgiving 13 inch screen, but there wasn’t much she could do. A faint smile formed on her lips as her thoughts drifted back to the days where meeting friends and going to actual classes were normal. That was the only thing that kept her sane; a memory of what used to be.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The word that perfectly described 2020 would be, fast. After receiving the news regarding the cancellation of the national exam on March, everyone was exhilarated. However, it was all just temporary happiness. They soon realized, things went south as Indonesia’s government established “PSBB” or large-scale social restrictions. Farewell plans were cancelled. Graduation was held online. The scary part, boredom arrived. “Click” and just like that, everyone was at September starting their university life. 2020 did a bad beat to everyone. On the bright side, I personally met new and very nice people that I believe can boost myself through university.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It’s been a roller coaster, but like a flipping roller coaster. The start of the year was going so smoothly. The decision has that I will continue my study in Malaysia, and then I even already got my student visa. But most plans are meant to be canceled, am I right? This pandemic is not the main reason for all unfortunate events in 2020, at least for me. But it makes everything got worse. I’m still doing what it’s called, “procrastinating” But the good thing is that now, I have this regretful feeling. Not every time, but at least sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was disappointed when I figured out that UGM decided to do the full online class for semester one. I already prepared many things to go to the campus. I already bought new shirts, pants, and books. Sadly, the semester was held online. Before the midterm, I have no big problem with the online class. I still can understand the materials. But, as the materials get even harder and more complicated after the midterm, I find it hard to understand the materials during the online class. I only hope that in the next semester, UGM will held the offline class.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Virtual learning. Something I never thought I would have to experience in any period of my education. Unfortunately, someone ate a bat, and now most students must face virtual learning every single day until the pandemic cools down. I have to admit, virtual learning has given me the rarest and most unique studying experience of my life; I have done classes and assignments in the most unusual places that would otherwise be an unorthodox studying environment. This has been very fun and engaging for me, as it forces me to practice self-discipline to maintain university life while enjoying my leisure.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The cold March wind, harsh against her cheeks as she drew in her coat. "Stay safe! See you in two weeks!" Sensei Asakusa's house: the only talk being COVID-19 and the upcoming lockdown, no Japanese lesson occurred. May. "They CAN'T cancel our graduation!," Yusri yelled over the phone. Suddenly, it was September. At a cafe in the heart of Ginza- ignoring the zoom lecture, she and Midori discussed places to visit. "Halloween barbeque at my house, 8:00 PM. Bring your masks!" Logging on to her BEM meeting, she left her laptop and joined her friends. It is what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alarm goes off. Eyes open. Get out of bed. Make coffee. Open my laptop. The day commences. Class ends. Write notes. Work on assignments. Revise. Repeat. This is the mundane, suffocating routine that we’ve all had to adjust to as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. It sucks. Since the beginning of senior year, I had envisioned that by September 2020, I would have been meeting new people, making new friends, adjusting to a new city. But alas, that was not the case. I hope we can return to our normal lives soon because I’m so over this bland life.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This Quarantine has taught me a lot of things, and one of them is the importance of a family. During this pandemic, we’re all staying at home to do work and online classes. One day, we decided to sit together at the dining table after quite a while since the last time we did it. We talk a lot about life and share each other stories that we’ve never shared before every lunch and dinner. Trust me, it’ll make you realize how important they are, and the amount of support that they gave to you every time you need them.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am actually very grateful to be one of the few people who can still live comfortably through this pandemic. I am happy that I can still study even though I can only learn through online classes. My experience while undergoing online lectures can be said to be quite exciting and humbling for me. Although I had culture shock at first because I was not used to running online classes, I gradually started to get used to studying online. In fact, in my opinion, attending lectures online makes us focus more on listening to lecturers' material explanations than face-to-face classes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I’ve never pictured myself to be the type of person that would enjoy staying home and spending all of her time there. As a person that lives for socializing with others and going out, the pandemic really hit me hard. However it also forced me to focus on myself. At first, it was very hard to adjust to online learning mainly because there were so many distractions at home. Now that it’s been eight to nine months of quarantine, I’ve learnt that I actually became more productive. The beginning of quarantine brought me misery but now all I feel is content.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Akira

    The semester is about to end, and virtual learning has worn me out. I had the spirit to study. But, after mid-term test, it is disappearing. The situation in the house is tranquil when I have class. But, when I learn on my own, something always disturbs me. It could be my little brother asking me to play with him; the sound of my little brother shouting when he is playing games; or the temptation to unwind. On top of all those, I cannot go out to refresh and cheer myself up. I just want this pandemic to end quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Virtual Learning is not really what I had in mind for my freshman year, but it is what it is, they say there is no point crying over spilled milk. I would not necessarily say that it’s terrible, but if I have the option, I would definitely choose offline any day of the week. It took me quite some time to adapt to the whole concept of Virtual Learning and all of its bells and whistles, but as soon as I did, I can’t help but feel bored about it. All in all, it’s quite an interesting experience to have.

    ReplyDelete
  18. 1 year of Covid-19 finally come to us, we lived in 5 months of pure isolation, alone and all of the people we usually met was much like gone. From the online graduation to the online PPSMB. From the PSBB to the “New Normal”. This quarantine hasn’t taught me a single thing, I didn’t do much reading not like anyone else I just procrastinate every single day, my body before the pandemic was very athletic, but after 5 months of isolation I become very “chubby” a lot of people learned very much valuable things during the pandemic, but not me.

    ReplyDelete